Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Armando175
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,151 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default T-Mobile to go all Value plans in 2013

Didn't see this coming at all. FML.

T-Mobile Announces iPhone, Value Plan Deals | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

T-Mobile also announced a major shift in its service plan strategy: in 2013, the company will go to 100 percent "Value Plans."
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport
    CrackBerry Addict

It will not affect me since I'm already on a Value Plan. The only thing that I will miss is subsidies but plans are cheaper and you will save money in the long run. I think many customers are already on these plans.
    metrodon and D_March like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Personally after almost 10 years with tmobile I would take my 7 lines and go with another carrier rather then go Value Plan.

Global Posts
    5,478 Global Posts

The value plans are cheaper than anything else available. You will be taking your 7 lines to another carrier and saying please take more money from my family. They will reply, of course we will. If you add up the cost of the phone and the rates over a two year period vs the cost of a subsidized phone and the much higher rates of the competition or even the TMO classic plan rates over the same period then you will find the value plan saves you hundreds of dollars.

Global Posts
    7,151 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

...or you could go prepaid, with T-Mobile or one of it's MVNOs (if TMO has the best coverage around you.)

I agree that there may be significant savings in the Value plans compared to current Classic plans, but I don't think a majority of TMO's contract customers are on the Value plans just yet. Subsidies are just too popular with American customers, and if you're on a grandfathered Classic plan, there may be reasons not to switch

My main issue with Value plans is that it doesn't make sense for a new customer to buy their phone from T-Mobile and get service. Don't the savings on the plan get offset by the monthly payments on the phone? And if your solution is "buy outright", well then why would you get a Value plan that puts you in a contract? Go no-contract!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by SandAngel View Post
    Personally after almost 10 years with tmobile I would take my 7 lines and go with another carrier rather then go Value Plan.
    I'd like to see you take all your seven lines to Verizon or AT&T and see how much money you'll be giving away. T-Mobile is the best value out of the big four. Does Verizon or AT&T let you put a down payment on a phone and pay over time? No! Does Verizon or AT&T have UMA? No! Not even Sprint does this. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. UMA rocks and you know this. Besides, Verizon is CDMA. I love the ability of just swapping SIMs on a GSM phone and be on my way. You'd be begging to come back.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    ...or you could go prepaid, with T-Mobile or one of it's MVNOs (if TMO has the best coverage around you.) I agree that there may be significant savings in the Value plans compared to current Classic plans, but I don't think a majority of TMO's contract customers are on the Value plans just yet. Subsidies are just too popular with American customers, and if you're on a grandfathered Classic plan, there may be reasons not to switch My main issue with Value plans is that it doesn't make sense for a new customer to buy their phone from T-Mobile and get service. Don't the savings on the plan get offset by the monthly payments on the phone? And if your solution is "buy outright", well then why would you get a Value plan that puts you in a contract? Go no-contract!
    If you go with a T-Mobile MVNO, you still have to buy your phones upfront. You'll probably be saving a few bucks a month. The good is you won't have a contract. I never understood why you have to sign a contract if you decide on the Value plans. I'm not going nowhere so I'm good. Somewhere along the line everyone will be forced to give up their grandfathered plan and services. T-Mobile is just being nice and letting people keep them for years. I'm saving $100 a month when I used to pay $210 for three lines with only unlimited data on one and 200MB on the other two. I get more for my money now.

Global Posts
    7,151 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Armando175 View Post
    I never understood why you have to sign a contract if you decide on the Value plans.
    This exactly!! I mean, if you buy your phones without no subsidy, what's the customer's incentive to sign a contract?

Global Posts
    7,151 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

DailyTech - T-Mobile Offering iPhones, Cutting Cell Phone Subsidies in 3-4 Months

3-4 months from now= May. Is that when the new iPhone drops? Haha