Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67
  1. Rysearc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default T-Mobile 4.5 Release

    This is just a hear say as of now, but a T-mobile rep that works with the company I work for Emailed me today and said the release date for 4.5 was Oct 20th and would hit there sight that day.
  2. scorpiodsu's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)
    #2  

    Default

    Y'all still looking for 4.5? I'm on 4.6 on my Bold LOLOLOLOL.
  3. vanesserstation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,118 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    geez, it's about time. I guess that's what I get for waiting for a offical release.
  4. gregerator's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,776 Posts
    PIN
    T anyone?
    #4  

    Default

    Tmo'ers currently using 4.5... Are you getting html email?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. SwerveAM's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    yup...I am getting html emails.
  6. vanesserstation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,118 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    hhmmmmm, didn't get a email with upgrade info.. y'all got a link to share?
  7. sparklyberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    123 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    What does it mean by them releasing it? Even though I have a curve 8320 and OS 4.2.2.180, can I update mine when they release the 4.5 version?
  8. CajunTechie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    89 Posts
    PIN
    31390A99
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparklyberry View Post
    What does it mean by them releasing it? Even though I have a curve 8320 and OS 4.2.2.180, can I update mine when they release the 4.5 version?
    Basically, when a new version of the Blackberry operating system is released by RIM they release it to all carriers that sell Blackberry devices. Each carrier then tests the operating system against the devices they sell to make sure there are no problems and so they can tweak the system to work with their specific networks, services, and devices. When the carrier is satisfied, they "release" the OS to their customers by putting it on their website so we can download it.

    Each carrier does this at their own pace. This might take a while like in the case of T-Mobile. Users who don't want to wait for the 'official' T-Mobile release (which means 1) they will support it and 2) installing it doesn't void your warranty) can often go to another carrier like Vodaphone, AT&T, etc and download their operating system and install it on another carrier (such as T-Mobile's) device. Doing so does mean you forgo any support from your carrier and you might void your warranty. But it also means that you get to new operating system faster.

    Right now, T-Mobile is on the brink of doing an 'official' release of 4.5. Many of us simply didn't wait and went to other carriers sites and upgraded. I would say that, if you are new to Blackberry and if you're not comfortabl doing upgrades to the device, then wait for the official release. It's easier and you can get all the support you need from your carrier.

    Hope this helps...

    Anthony
    Last edited by CajunTechie; 10-16-2008 at 03:29 AM.
  9. devildoc0612's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    444 Posts
    PIN
    2 1 6 0 1 B 2 8
    #9  

    Default

    I talked to one of the Tmo BB tech support specialist last night who seemed to be knowledgeable and knows what he was talking told me its gonna be a few more months because they usually send out the OS then get the tech support guys to familiarize and master the new OS before launching to the public...long arduous process and tmo will be taking their time so theyll know what theyre talking about when dealing with customers. win win for both parties... I personally hope before Christmas...
    "I Have fallen into the CRACK"

    -Change is the only permanent thing in this world...
  10. sexyberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I think sprint is even slower than TM. No new phones,or os.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,860 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    October 20th? I'll believe it when I see it. Not to discount OPs news (thanks!), but Tmo has been slower than molasses with this.

    Happy I hit the road and upgraded...
  12. V_Mahabal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    PIN
    207949cc
    #12  

    Default

    From what my neighbor(she works for tmo)told me, tmobile has the os update in there systems but they just aren't releasing it as of yet. She has an offical tmo 4.5 os in her curve right now. so when the 20th rolls around we will see what's going on.
  13. vanesserstation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,118 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Well I guess I'll be patiently waiting for word.
  14. sparklyberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    123 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunTechie View Post
    Basically, when a new version of the Blackberry operating system is released by RIM they release it to all carriers that sell Blackberry devices. Each carrier then tests the operating system against the devices they sell to make sure there are no problems and so they can tweak the system to work with their specific networks, services, and devices. When the carrier is satisfied, they "release" the OS to their customers by putting it on their website so we can download it.

    Each carrier does this at their own pace. This might take a while like in the case of T-Mobile. Users who don't want to wait for the 'official' T-Mobile release (which means 1) they will support it and 2) installing it doesn't void your warranty) can often go to another carrier like Vodaphone, AT&T, etc and download their operating system and install it on another carrier (such as T-Mobile's) device. Doing so does mean you forgo any support from your carrier and you might void your warranty. But it also means that you get to new operating system faster.

    Right now, T-Mobile is on the brink of doing an 'official' release of 4.5. Many of us simply didn't wait and went to other carriers sites and upgraded. I would say that, if you are new to Blackberry and if you're not comfortabl doing upgrades to the device, then wait for the official release. It's easier and you can get all the support you need from your carrier.

    Hope this helps...

    Anthony
    This was very helpful. I think I may return my Blackberry and move to another service provider anyways, so I haven't upgraded or downloaded anything yet.

    But if I do stay with T-mobile, I will wait for their release of the 4.5. I wouldn't want my warranty to be voided. Thanks!
  15. V_Mahabal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    PIN
    207949cc
    #16  

    Default

    Speakin to a rep, he told me tmo is def gonna launch 4.5 but no time table for it, these are the same ppl that told me they don't kno when the "dream" would be launched 1 week b4 they started the pre-ordering. Dammit I shoulda just waited for the g1.
  16. grooks#CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    PIN
    2431C1CD
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V_Mahabal View Post
    She has an offical tmo 4.5 os in her curve right now. so when the 20th rolls around we will see what's going on.
    What version of 4.5 does your neighbor have on her phone. Just curious as to version T-Mobile will decide to utilize.
  17. benzworm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    got a way to sho us that email?
    ~PRIDE!~
  18. BuddyL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,030 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    One reason I'm waiting for the official release is all the posts I've read on this site from people having problems after upgrading. Now, granted, we don't hear every success story but my BlackBerry is too important to my daily life to have anything go wrong whether its a 1000 or million to one shot.

    So I wait...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. pcj14's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    PIN
    2078BF4D
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rysearc View Post
    This is just a hear say as of now, but a T-mobile rep that works with the company I work for Emailed me today and said the release date for 4.5 was Oct 20th and would hit there sight that day.


    please share email with us. concrete evidence.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. Benny's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I would keep my fingers crossed ... [again]

    If not I totally fine with beta OS.
  21. skiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #22  

    Default upgrade

    i have a Tmo 8100 that has been unlocked and is now on another network....would it be beneficial to wait for the official release of 4.5 or can i go to the blackberry site and upgrade with the 4.5 that is there?.......is there a difference?
  22. benzworm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V_Mahabal View Post
    From what my neighbor(she works for tmo)told me, tmobile has the os update in there systems but they just aren't releasing it as of yet. She has an offical tmo 4.5 os in her curve right now. so when the 20th rolls around we will see what's going on.

    ya, you should leak it, or find out what version we have to look forward to
    Last edited by benzworm; 10-17-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    ~PRIDE!~
  23. extraducksauce's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    have you tried resetting the phone (double soft reset or battery pull)?
  24. pcj14's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    PIN
    2078BF4D
    #25  

    Default

    hmmmmmmm



    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions