Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rumor: T-Mobile, Sprint merger ($32 billion)

Sprint And T-Mobile Agree Stunning $32 Billion Merger - Forbes

Obviously, lots of details to be worked out - but if this goes through, based on Deutsche Telekom's stake in the new company T-Mobile users should be prepared to welcome their new Sprint overlords.
    Last edited by Irish Blues; 06-04-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

Lol. Let's see what the FTC has to say.

Maybe AT&T should pull a John Legere and offer TMO users $200 to switch.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 , Passport (coming soon!)

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Abuser

I love that there is another billion dollar break up fee in this deal, t-mobile just has to keep trying to sell itself to make more money lol, I kinda like t mobile, I hope the deal fails and they get the billion.

Via Z10
    Doggerz likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

The AT$T breakup fee was $6 billion, and I haven't seen much benefit from it. T-Mobile growth will come to a halt while the deal is under federal review. Nobody would want to join T-Mobile if they knew it was going to be part of Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

The money from the AT&T breakup went to DT. Spectrum to TMO.

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hate sprint with a passion this is B.S.

Z10 all they way!
    Thanked by:
    SaraVibes (06-08-2014) 
    Doggerz likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts

Came from Sprint to TMO mvno. K
    Let's see how this shakes out. TMOBILE used that failed merger fee to good affect.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

Agree with you guys who want this merger to fail. I hate Sprint.

T-Mobile is driving prices down and innovating.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    Q5 / SQR100-1 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / WiFi

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doggerz View Post
    T-Mobile is driving prices down and innovating.
    Innovating? Hardly.

CrackBerry Addict

Funny, while I ran away from sprint now I'm back with them if this goes through.... I hate it

From my lovely Z30
    Posted from my amazing white Z30 "Read, Analyse, research and write a wise response" BBM#28
    Doggerz likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

I see them putting together a great network. Doing away with subsidized phones. No contracts. Cheaper prices than any of the other 3.

What carrier do you think is more innovative kind sir?

Thanked by 2:
    Anovascular (06-05-2014),  Smitty13 (06-06-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    PIN
    266D0F2D

With the two networks being mostly incompatible. I'm left wondering what direction they would take.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    PIN
    266D0F2D

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

I see them putting together a great network. Doing away with subsidized phones. No contracts. Cheaper prices than any of the other 3.

Cheaper prices than any of the other 3. Let's start with that. Do you know why that is? Because TMO has the worst nationwide coverage amongst the Big 4. At the same time, Verizon has the highest prices because they have the best nationwide coverage. So if TMO tries to slide its prices up to Verizon level (or Verizon brings theirs down to TMO's,) TMO would be done. Finished.

Now, the subsidy part. Compare TMO and, say, AT&T tier by tier. At the $50 tier, I know AT&T has a very similar if not exact offering as TMO...but with AT&T's coverage. Yes, TMO gives bells and whistles in the way of international texting, overseas 2G data, etc--but what would most people want--these extras or AT&T's coverage? If you go to higher tiers, that's where you start saving a little, but see previous point about "you get what you pay for."

And no contracts is a joke. They even got sued in their home state of WA over the deceptiveness when they rolled this out initially. No service contract, but you're still on the hook for the phone payments, and in some cases, these balloon payments due upon cancellation amount to more than what the ETFs would have under the previous structure.

When you said innovative, I actually thought you were going to say the "we pay your ETF" gimmick they're running. But that's been around for a long time as well--even in the mobile industry. Cingular used to do this in MN, and I'm guessing other places as well. TMO's just taken it nationwide.

CrackBerry Addict

as long as Tmo keeps the $30 plan I don't care what they do.
    Thanked by:
    jh07 (06-06-2014) 
    Doggerz likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Cheaper prices than any of the other 3. Let's start with that. Do you know why that is? Because TMO has the worst nationwide coverage amongst the Big 4. At the same time, Verizon has the highest prices because they have the best nationwide coverage. So if TMO tries to slide its prices up to Verizon level (or Verizon brings theirs down to TMO's,) TMO would be done. Finished.

Now, the subsidy part. Compare TMO and, say, AT&T tier by tier. At the $50 tier, I know AT&T has a very similar if not exact offering as TMO...but with AT&T's coverage. Yes, TMO gives bells and whistles in the way of international texting, overseas 2G data, etc--but what would most people want--these extras or AT&T's coverage? If you go to higher tiers, that's where you start saving a little, but see previous point about "you get what you pay for."

And no contracts is a joke. They even got sued in their home state of WA over the deceptiveness when they rolled this out initially. No service contract, but you're still on the hook for the phone payments, and in some cases, these balloon payments due upon cancellation amount to more than what the ETFs would have under the previous structure.

When you said innovative, I actually thought you were going to say the "we pay your ETF" gimmick they're running. But that's been around for a long time as well--even in the mobile industry. Cingular used to do this in MN, and I'm guessing other places as well. TMO's just taken it nationwide.
    I have blazing fast 4GLTE everywhere I go. And I can bring any unlocked phone and add it for 10 dollars a month.

I am paying less than most people pay for prepaid service. I absolutely love T-Mobile. And I love their CEO or whoever is intracting with customers on Twitter.

Best phone service in America for me. Can take my phone to Mexico or Europe and pop in a SIM and go. Since I want a SIM phone that eliminates Sprint and Verizon. ATT is a rip off. T-Mobile is best man.

But it may not be best for you and that's OK too. I just don't have the funds to waste money on other carriers. This is cheapest and the coverage is fine for me. On trips I find that Tmobile and ATT sometimes have roaming agreements. This happened in Pennsylvania on I-70 My phone switches to ATT automatically.

I do a lot of driving and run into no problems. Try crossing Kansas on Sprint and see what happens.

Thanked by:
    barbarianthemadserb (06-07-2014) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

Chen should tweet like T-Mobile. Act like he cares.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,407 Global Posts

I knew this was coming but I'm still very disappointed. Working for a subsidiary of Sprint has been hell. Now there are only two other companies out there not under this blanket....

I bet SoftBank in Japan is now racking in the dough!

Sent from the one in Beautiful Blue using Tapatalk.
    ஜ۩۞۩ஜManager~Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobileஜ۩۞۩ஜ
    CrackBerry Abuser

tmo is already doing this without sprint

Posted via CB/Q10
    CrackBerry Master

If you have blazing LTE wherever you go with T-Mobile, you don't go anywhere rural in the US.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    PIN
    266D0F2D

Yeah rural coverage is poor to non existent.
    Day to day coverage is fantastic for us in metro area's. I typically carry AT&T during the summer for the coverage when we travel. Every carrier has things about them I do not like.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cartoon2007 View Post
    tmo is already doing this without sprint

Posted via CB/Q10
    I know they are. . That's why I don't want them to be bought up by Sprint.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Interesting, because about a week or so ago I saw someone [not you] complain that Chen talks too much and should keep his mouth shut. A phrase about pleasing all of some of the people some of the all of the time comes to mind ... I'm sure some of you know how it goes.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
    Interesting, because about a week or so ago I saw someone [not you] complain that Chen talks too much and should keep his mouth shut. A phrase about pleasing all of some of the people some of the all of the time comes to mind ... I'm sure some of you know how it goes.
    I saw that too. Basically if someone says something they don't want to hear they want that person to shut up.

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

I am paying less than most people pay for prepaid service.
    Then you haven't looked at all prepaid options. Look up 'Cricket Wireless.'

Best phone service in America for me. Can take my phone to Mexico or Europe and pop in a SIM and go. Since I want a SIM phone that eliminates Sprint and Verizon. ATT is a rip off. T-Mobile is best man.
    Actually, Verizon phones also accept SIM cards, and the ones with LTE band 17 (i.e. almost their entire current offering of LTE phones) are factory unlocked...which TMO phones are not despite the full price you pay for them. How un-Uncarrier.

As for AT&T being a rip-off, here's the $50 plan I was talking about:

Unlimited talk, text and 1GB data: $25
    Access fee: $40
    Next discount (for bringing your own phone, which is comparable to TMO's no-subsidy model) : $15
    Total: $50

T-Mobile Simple Choice, unlimited talk, text and 1GB data: $50

Now you tell me who's ripping off the customer?

But it may not be best for you and that's OK too. I just don't have the funds to waste money on other carriers. This is cheapest and the coverage is fine for me.
    And this is not about you, or me. Claiming TMO's the best phone service for you is like that one Z10 owner who supposedly gets 2 days of battery life scoffing at everyone else who correctly points out that the Z10's battery life actually sucks. His experience is not the norm.

On trips I find that Tmobile and ATT sometimes have roaming agreements. This happened in Pennsylvania on I-70 My phone switches to ATT automatically.
    And roaming gets you 50MB of data. A pittance. Maybe John Legere should make that his next Uncarrier move, if TMO's still around by then: more roaming data since TMO has the worst nationwide coverage.

I do a lot of driving and run into no problems. Try crossing Kansas on Sprint and see what happens.
    Try driving out of Las Vegas towards Hoover Dam on TMO and see what happens. One solitary experience doesn't mean anything.

I guess he's just busy trying to bring his company back to profitability. Something that John Legere, despite all his pomp show has not been able to do, and apparently can't do, if DT's so intent on selling off 85% of their share to SoftBank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast