Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Questions about free wifi feature

Need some help please.

Today i gave up my super sweet legacy plan . I used to have zero minutes deducted for wifi calls.
    On my new classic famiy plan the agent supposedly added free wifi ( for $0), and assured me that all wifi calls would deduct NO MINUTES from the bucket. Now I want to believe her and she seemed intelligent, but online I am reading some people it deducts minutes and some people it doesn't.
    Can anyone who has the feature for free and it works like promised, deducting NO MINUTES from bucket, tell me what is the wording for this feature on your bill? I want to make sure I have the right code added to my account .

By the way.... i'm feeling kind of SICK about giving up my legacy plan but it had to be done.
    CrackBerry Addict

I've recently added this "Free Wi-Fi Feature" to all three BBs I have on my account. I was told that minutes wouldn't be deducted from my bucket of 1000. I'm skeptical about it as much as you are also but in 10 days I've only used about 33 Whenever Minutes across all lines. The picture attached shows the online account (left) via their website and the account on mobile (right). It clearly shows I've used 108 T-Mobile Hotspot minutes or 108 UMA minutes so I am confident that it's not subtracting minutes from my plan minutes. I haven't gotten my bill with the new feature as I recently added the feature on the 20th of November. I'm hoping this helps.

Questions about free wifi feature-tmoacct.jpg
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,786 Global Posts

Sorry for taking this a bit OT, but Armando175, how you get that detailed usage breakdown, the one on the right??
    Last edited by raino; 11-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

On mine it says free wifi now... My old code was Unlimited familytime special.

I hate the new online tmobile!!!! It's so confusing. Can anyone tell me where you see your CURRENT online bill? By this I mean the one you are still using NOW where it lists all your features and prices in DETAIL .
    Right now all I see is past bills and also the page that says in a box your basic plan. I want it like the old site where it did the FULL CURRENT up to the date of today breakdown and pricing and discounts all on the one page
    CrackBerry Addict

@Raino - I got you covered. Point your browser on your phone to http://ma.web2go.com/myaccount/home.do (you can do it without the http:// also) and it should automatically take you to your account details.
    Thanked by:
    raino (11-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

@SandAngel - are you referring to this?

Questions about free wifi feature-plans-services.jpg
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Yes that will work. Please point me there!

Wait ... I should say " is this your CURRENT up to the minute bill".

Ok wait again....... I need the page that also has the discounts lists( such as corporate or loyalty discounts). It all shows in full on the past bills but where is the darn ongoing current spreadsheet!
    CrackBerry Addict

@SandAngel - that was the only details I was able to find. I'm hoping that helps. Perhaps you'll get what you're looking for once you get to that section.

Questions about free wifi feature-plans-servicesdetail.jpg

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thanks anyway... It was a bust. I guess the NEWEST tmobile website doesn't have the function I need anymore!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I went into T Mobile (in San Diego) to inquire about switching from Verizon today. The rep said that the only time the free wifi calling deducts minutes is when you are calling overseas (from another country to the USA). He didn't say, nor did I ask, about calling from the USA to another country. He wasn't sure when the Z10 would arrive, but he took my number and said he'd call me when it did.
    CrackBerry Addict

Well according to T-mobile web site (Wi-Fi Calling Support | T-Mobile)

There is no additional monthly charge to use the Wi-Fi Calling feature on your handset. Wi-Fi Calling uses monthly plan minutes for the following:

•Calls made from the US to US numbers
    •Calls made from the US to international numbers (subject to international rates)
    •Calls made from outside the US to US numbers (not charged roaming)
    •Calls made from outside the US to international numbers (subject to international rates, but not charged roaming)
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Briard View Post

There is no additional monthly charge to use the Wi-Fi Calling feature on your handset. Wi-Fi Calling uses monthly plan minutes for the following:

•Calls made from the US to international numbers (subject to international rates)
    •Calls made from outside the US to international numbers (subject to international rates, but not charged roaming)
    Sooo always? ha
    Adventure/Life Photographer
    www.dlindahlphotos.com

My mobile photography
    www.instagram.com/austriker
    www.austriker.vsco.co
    CrackBerry Addict

I can't believe that no one has a clear definite answer regarding Wi-Fi Calling. About a month ago, I screwed up my Torch 9800 so I had to say good-bye to it. I ended up getting an Android phone. Obviously, it doesn't support UMA whatsoever but it has Wi-Fi Calling yet I still don't know it minutes are being deducted because they don't show up as Hotspot/UMA minutes like they did with the 9800. My friend advised me that minutes are NOT deducted from his plan but for some reason I don't believe that. I miss my Blackberry and I'm hoping that the Z10/Q10 and the many other BBs do support the UMA feature.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Briard View Post

All of that is correct unless you have one of the Wi-Fi Calling options on your account. If you have either the "Free Wi-Fi Calling" or "Unlimited HotSpot Calling" (legacy) option on your account, no plan minutes are deducted for Wi-Fi calls.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armando175 View Post
    ...I ended up getting an Android phone. Obviously, it doesn't support UMA whatsoever but it has Wi-Fi Calling yet I still don't know it minutes are being deducted because they don't show up as Hotspot/UMA minutes like they did with the 9800.
    IIRC Android uses an app to enable Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mobile. You have to download, install and run that WFC app to route calls over Wi-Fi.