Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool OS 5.0 for 8900 t-mobile

Has anyone downloaded the leaked os 5.0 for the 8900? If so how is it functioning on your t-mobile phone? Any bugs or glitches? Does anyone know or have an inkling on when t-mobile is set to release os 5.0?
    CrackBerry Master

I've run the leak on several 8900s and the only glitch I've seen are the recurring SMS bugs that have already been discussed
    Was my post informative or helpful? Click Thanks
    Please do not send me PMs
    Ex TMO employee that welcomes questions. Try my username on GoogleTalk or @gmail.com
    Feedback Thread
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

sweet deal thanx. since this means deleting the vendor.xml file, will t-mobile not support my device if i have any issues in the future?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,142 Global Posts

t_mobile will not official support any OS, customer service wise, other than the OS they have listes @ tmobile.com/bbupgrade. There are alot of people that are using the .411 on their t-Mo branded 8900 with little to no problems. My wife has been using it on her's for a few weeks. and i am running ATT .442 which is non - tmo supported... no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have run every 5.0 leak that has come out for the 8900, currently running the 5.0.0.411 and it's the best so far by far.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xolanir View Post
    sweet deal thanx. since this means deleting the vendor.xml file, will t-mobile not support my device if i have any issues in the future?
    If you had an issue with your phone, T-Mobile wouldn't support it with a different OS. You could always wipe the device and put the older one on in the future if you wanted to again.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I have 5.0.0461 and the phone has freezed up on me while scrolling through sms messages, has frozen up on me for no reason and the keylock doesnt work unless you set a password. I'm going to wipe the device and downgrade.Not happy with this OS leak at all!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

oh and when I call someone my number shows up as "unknown" grrr!
    CrackBerry Newbie

im seeing rumors that tmobile is removing the 8900 from their line up(very unhappy), so does this mean that there will not be an official release of 5.0 os? if so can anyone provide info on how to obtain a leaked copy?
    CrackBerry Master

The 8900 has already disappeared from the website, as they have sold out. There is still a small chance of an official release, but you will probably be stuck with running the official version from another carrier.
    Was my post informative or helpful? Click Thanks
    Please do not send me PMs
    Ex TMO employee that welcomes questions. Try my username on GoogleTalk or @gmail.com
    Feedback Thread
    CrackBerry Newbie

figures. so which carrier would be best recommended to download from other than tmo?