Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Needing to get out of Family Plan question...

I am currently in a family plan and I beleive I am out of contract. Due to some unforseen circumstances I am having to end the family plan and the two lines will now have aseperate accounts and paid by the individual phone owner.

My question is...By switching from a family plan to two individual plans, do we both have to sign new contracts or can it be a continuation of our out of contract status?

Can the primary account line at least keep their out of contract status and the other person start off a new contract?

My goal is to get the Driftwood (or whatever it will be called) but fear that if I have to start a new contract after splitting the family plan, I will no be eligible for the contract renewal discount that comes with the phone.

Thanks.
    Last edited by CansFan; 07-25-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    yep on my BB

When I asked before I was told long as the other person is able to start their own line then they just start their own service. Main line keeps current contract. At least that was how it was explained to me. But with any company you know 90% of the time with CSR you are going to get different stories.

CrackBerry Newbie

I actually work for them... the original owner of the account would be able to keep there line's contract the same... when the person that is taking over the completes the change of responsibility they will need to have a credit check done and agree to a 12 month contract for the line they are assuming responsibility for
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by cosguy View Post
    I actually work for them... the original owner of the account would be able to keep there line's contract the same... when the person that is taking over the completes the change of responsibility they will need to have a credit check done and agree to a 12 month contract for the line they are assuming responsibility for
    Ok, cool. So I (the primary line/account holder) will be able to stay out of contract for now even if my plan changes from Family to let's say some random my fave individual plan and the second line can just start their own account and agree to a 1 or 2 year contract?

Cool, now I just have to choose a decent amout of minutes and hopefully I can kep my grandfathered BB plan price and I'll have to get new text and wifi calling plans since they were unlimited family versions before.

Thanks for the input to both posters.
    CrackBerry User

Changing your rate plan doesn't effect your upgrade eligibility. They go by the last time you upgraded your line to determine the discount: on a 2 yr contract, 22 months for full and on a 1 yr, 11 months for full.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by scion9 View Post
    Changing your rate plan doesn't effect your upgrade eligibility. They go by the last time you upgraded your line to determine the discount: on a 2 yr contract, 22 months for full and on a 1 yr, 11 months for full.
    Thanks for the info...that's good news since I'm going to have to change my plan type this week but planning on upgrading to the "driftwood" when released as mentioned before.

Thanks