Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Mobile Emergency Alert System and Bold 9900

Hello, Reference the bold 9900. Starting last night 11/21/12 EST T-Mobile started sending out false Monthly Test Alert Messages.
    I got 64 of them last night and finally had to totally turn my phone off. So far this morning I have gotten 14 of them as I type this message.
    Is anyone else having this problem. Is it only a T-Mobile problem or are other carries having the same problem?
    Last night when I called T-Mobile. They said they knew about the problem and was trying to figure out what to do about it.
    ...Joel

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

It's neither at&t nor VZW in Chicago, but I'm thinking it's more a system test in your area.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Well the messages are still coming to my phone every few minutes. Three hours later :-(
    ...Joel
    CrackBerry Newbie

I started having the same problem yesterday afternoon. Messages kept repeating every 5 minutes even though I had turned off all alerts. After a couple of hours I called T-Mobile and was put through to technical support who told me it was a problem limited to the 9900. When I told her it had been occurring with my wife's 9810 she seemed surprised. I was told they were aware of an issue and were working on it. I tried rebooting, battery pulls, swapping SIMS over with the wife's phone. The good news if it cured the wife's phone the bad news was that messages kept arriving until 5:00 am this morning on the 9900, when I updated the OS from 7.1.0.523 to 7.1.0746. This has stopped the messages, for now.

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

I hope ya'll at least have messages grouped by subject. Sheesh! Damn glad I'm not having that issue.

You could filter it, but don't forget to remove the filter in a day or two.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Mine started before I updated the OS and has been going since ~3:00 pm PST yesterday. Even after the OS update and repeated battery pulls it's still going on. Over 500 of these messages so far. You can't ignore them because they prompt you to either read the message or just close the pop up.

This is in the Seattle market (hopefully the T-MO execs here in Headquarters land are getting this too
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Interesting...mine says 7.1 build 998 v7.1.0.284 and RIM BlackBerry Desktop says there are no new updates.
    This is for a T-Mobile version.
    ...Joel
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,534 Global Posts

It is a T-Mobile only problem, and it's hitting OS7 devices. Surprising it's still going on.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-test-754818/
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I haven't had any more alerts in about four hours now.
    Let's see if that will last the rest of today.
    ...Joel