Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Look what T-Mobile just sent me

Hey, if you're all looking for something else to rant about, look what ad I just got via Email from T-Mobile this morning:
    Look what T-Mobile just sent me-screen-shot-2014-02-13-8.30.10-pm.jpg
    CrackBerry Newbie

wtf that's probably why I haven't gotten my update for 10.2.1 for my z10

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Fnen90 and brout like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by iceman2k3 View Post
    wtf that's probably why I haven't gotten my update for 10.2.1 for my z10

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    My thoughts exactly....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts

Is a carrier even allowed to do that?
    Has to be fake.
    Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow, I'm speechless....so wrong

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    CrackBerry Abuser

What us the source for the ad?

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by alternator77 View Post
    My thoughts exactly....

Posted via CB10
    Oh no, this doesn't look good. I really wanted an update. This DEF seems like why we dont have the update. ughhhhh
    CrackBerry User

I like how they just singled out blackberry. there is not a mention of any other device on this ad. and it only refers to blackberry customers...how about we go find out... o right we cant because its fake!!!!!!

the only other reason for this that I can think of is that apple is paying T-Mobile a lot of money to do this but it is very unlikely.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Assuming this is real, the motivation may be to maintain the sales levels of this device, everyone knows a new iPhone (or 2) is coming out in a few months, so why buy now, unless you have some motivation to do so, hence this ad? Seems too desperate for Apple or T-Mobile, Apple doesn't typically do this kind of thing......arg

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    862 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkonigs View Post
    Hey, if you're all looking for something else to rant about, look what ad I just got via Email from T-Mobile this morning:

Attachment 247244
    Oh, that's messed up!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

The iPhone does not support wifi calling which is a huge benefit of the tmo service.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    ThunderShock2005 (02-12-2014) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcsf123 View Post
    The iPhone does not support wifi calling which is a huge benefit of the tmo service.
    Right. And at least to me, that automatically makes it inferior.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    Thanked by 2:
    Jerale Hoard (02-13-2014),  ThunderShock2005 (02-12-2014) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,052 Global Posts

If T-Mobile doesn't sell a billion iPhones in every quarter, Tim Cook comes to their headquarters in an armored car and shovels all their money out of their vaults and then goes home and pours it into his swimming pool and throws a big party for Apple execs.

What I mean to say is: if carriers don't sell some kind of minimum quantity of devices over a period of time, the price per unit paid to Apple increases, so they're desperate to get anyone to upgrade that they can find. Don't be surprised if Windows Phone is next.

This is all speculation, even if the ad's not fake.
    something something something BlackBerry 10 Slider something something something complete....
    Thanked by:
    alternator77 (02-12-2014) 
    khehl likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

WTF. If this legit it is a direct attack on BlackBerry customers.

Don't give them an update to make their phone even better. Give them a deal for a new iPhone so we can all have iPhones. Yay iPhone. - T-Mobile

BLECH! This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
    Thanked by 5:
    axllebeer (02-14-2014),  ddlax22 (02-13-2014),  maddie1128 (02-13-2014),  memluv (02-17-2014),  ThunderShock2005 (02-12-2014) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGermann View Post
    If T-Mobile doesn't sell a billion iPhones in every quarter, Tim Cook comes to their headquarters in an armored car and shovels all their money out of their vaults and then goes home and pours it into his swimming pool and throws a big party for Apple execs.

What I mean to say is: if carriers don't sell some kind of minimum quantity of devices over a period of time, the price per unit paid to Apple increases, so they're desperate to get anyone to upgrade that they can find. Don't be surprised if Windows Phone is next.

This is all speculation, even if the ad's not fake.
    With all the press the iphone got coming to tmobile i souldnt be surprised at all if they made a deal equally as stupid as Verizon and sprint.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

It's now clear why American carriers are pushing out BlackBerry and promoting the infernal iPhone. People on this forum thought it was a conspiracy by the NSA but it's not. It is that apple made them sign ridiculous contracts with very aggressive sales targets. For every BlackBerry, windows phone or Samsung they sell, they don't get to sell their precious iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Blackberry_Boss (02-13-2014) 
    CrackBerry Master

Well, it certainly speaks volumes about T Mobile thinks about its future with Blackberry. You certainly wouldn't do that to a vendor that you planned on working with in the future.
    Thanked by:
    j21jam6 (02-20-2014) 

Global Posts
    7,803 Global Posts

I'm not sure the contracts Apple signed with the other three (that some say is sinking Sprint big time) apply to T-Mobile. I remember one of the reasons TMO wasn't bringing the iPhone over was because they didn't want to get railroaded like Sprint was. So they came to an agreement with Apple to carry the iPhone right when they introduced Simple Choice (i.e. subsidies going away) :

The deal also doesn't include the kind of volume commitments that Sprint Nextel made to Apple, Legere said, attempting to ease investor concerns that the iPhone would significant cut into earnings. Each time a new iPhone launches or the carriers see a spike in sales, they correspondingly see a hit on the bottom line due to the hefty subsidies they pay to Apple.
    -CNET

My guess is that Apple is making them do this, maybe because the 5s isn't selling too well on TMO. Just a guess.
    j21jam6 and stevenson232 like this.

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts

I have no idea if it's fake or not. But given the number of BlackBerry users at this time in the US...what would be the point? apple wants the 10,000 BlackBerry users currently on TMO? I'm in the I don't believe it court. I have many lines with TMO and I get tons of emails from them. I've never seen an email directing a customer from one phone vendor to another. I could be wrong obviously but I don't see this as a real email.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I keep forgetting how ugly that 5s is. Iscrap for $0. Sounds about right.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Jrox74 (02-13-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great..

From my Q10, Waiting for OS 10.2.1 from T-Mobile
    CrackBerry Addict

So apple goes to Verizon and says "we want to run a promo to get some blackberry customers. We are going to offer a credit to bb users that switch over as well as provide you with a churn credit" what's the big deal? It's how business works. Lots of companies in lots of industries offer incentives to get customers to change brands. If blackberry was smart they would have done exactly the same thing when they first released bb10, but that would have been good marketing, whereas for some reason, while this is exactly the same thing, its an attack against blackberry customers.

Global Posts
    7,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sporatic View Post
    So apple goes to Verizon and says "we want to run a promo to get some blackberry customers. We are going to offer a credit to bb users that switch over as well as provide you with a churn credit" what's the big deal? It's how business works. Lots of companies in lots of industries offer incentives to get customers to change brands. If blackberry was smart they would have done exactly the same thing when they first released bb10, but that would have been good marketing, whereas for some reason, while this is exactly the same thing, its an attack against blackberry customers.
    It is an attack if this email was not sent to every non-iPhone customer of T-Mobile and only current BlackBerry owners are being singled out. The implication is that BlackBerry users would want to switch to Apple (that too over a saving of a measly $100? ***** please .) This is clearly is a huge ASSumption on the part of all involved behind this promo.

Global Posts
    32,295 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    I'm not sure the contracts Apple signed with the other three (that some say is sinking Sprint big time) apply to T-Mobile. I remember one of the reasons TMO wasn't bringing the iPhone over was because they didn't want to get railroaded like Sprint was. So they came to an agreement with Apple to carry the iPhone right when they introduced Simple Choice (i.e. subsidies going away) :

-CNET

My guess is that Apple is making them do this, maybe because the 5s isn't selling too well on TMO. Just a guess.
    I've seen several reports that the 5C models aren't as popular as it was hoped they'd be. They were hawking them for free on Sprint, recently, to, and I seem to remember Best Buy was offering them as well
    See a problem? Click the report button and tell us what it is!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4
    Bacon is the duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    It is an attack if this email was not sent to every non-iPhone customer of T-Mobile and only current BlackBerry owners are being singled out. The implication is that BlackBerry users would want to switch to Apple (that too over a saving of a measly $100? ***** please .) This is clearly is a huge ASSumption on the part of all involved behind this promo.
    It's a marketing campaign. They wouldn't be the first company to target a specific brand and they won't be the last.
    Thanked by:
    mikeycollins13 (02-14-2014) 
    mikeycollins13 likes this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast