Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Loaner Phone Program

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow im going to be sending in my 8900 for a replacement and i was told i can go to tmobile and get a "loaner" phone while i wait for my new 8900.

Does anyone know if i get to choose which phone i want or how it works? Since i had a blackberry before i sure hope ill be getting a phone with email and internet..

Thanks in advance!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    236D4F4

I don't think you'll be getting a blackberry. Probably a RAZR or some kind of Samsung slider... Hope you won't be with out your blackberry too long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got a really cheap Nokia. Couldn't wait to get my phone back!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by editguy View Post
    I got a really cheap Nokia. Couldn't wait to get my phone back!
    Really, it doesnt seem like they could do that.. Since blackberrys are for buisness users which means email and internet is needed, i would think they would give you something of the equivalent to use, maybe not a blackberry but something like a dash..

Oh well, ill just see what i get right now. Im headed out to the tmobile store.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thataaronkid View Post
    Really, it doesnt seem like they could do that.. Since blackberrys are for buisness users which means email and internet is needed, i would think they would give you something of the equivalent to use, maybe not a blackberry but something like a dash..

Oh well, ill just see what i get right now. Im headed out to the tmobile store.
    I'm guessing since this is really not something they HAVE to do they choose to use whatever older phones they had that didn't get sold. It would be nice to give you a phone comparable to what you had, but at least you are getting something. It would be even worse to be left without a phone for however long it takes you to ship out a replacement 8900-- considering that they seem to always be on backorder these days.
    SexiLexi
    http://lifeiscumulative.blogspot.com
    ~-~-~-~-~-
    Ask... Seek... Knock

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    Did you know that marriage is the leading cause of divorce???
    CrackBerry Abuser

When I had to send in a phone(pre-blackberry days-so long ago), I got a loaner, it was some POS nokia, barely worked, looked beat to death. I wouldn't hold your breath hoping for a blackberry...
    good luck
    CrackBerry Abuser

When my daughter returned her pearl under warranty, Tmobile authorized a loaner. She went to a Tmobile corporate store to pick up the loaner, but they didnt have one to loan her. Consider yourself lucky.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

haha well i do not consider myself lucky that i got a loaner phone. this thing is literally a POS. The send key, 3 key and 0 key do not work, it wont go to silent or vibrate, and the screen has a huge wide scratch all the way across.

lmao, i should have kept my G1 and sidekick LX as backups..
    CrackBerry Abuser

wow...you beat the crap out of it. how was the G1 for you?
    There should be 3 genders....Male, Female and Couple. Its only then we learn to live in a healthy relationship
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thataaronkid View Post
    haha well i do not consider myself lucky that i got a loaner phone. this thing is literally a POS. The send key, 3 key and 0 key do not work, it wont go to silent or vibrate, and the screen has a huge wide scratch all the way across.

lmao, i should have kept my G1 and sidekick LX as backups..

I always keep my last good phone as a backup for just that reason. When my 8800 died they wanted to give me a cheap nokia so I had them reactivate my sidekick.