Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just got this deal from T-Mobile retention....

Not bad at all.

Upgraded one line from the Pearl 8100 to the Curve 8320 (Sunset) for $74.99, and upgraded the other line from the Curve 8320 (Titanium) to the Curve 8900 for $149.99.....both with NO contract extension as well.

So I'll sell our old phones (still in great condition) and basically get these two new phones for free without having to extend our contracts.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

I would be very careful with that one. Make sure you call back and check your contract. Many companies have a habit of "accidentally" putting you into a contract.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I made sure and asked two different people about this as well....because I was wary of that same thing.

Both said that my contract end dates were now still showing as Dec '09 and Sept '10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

why did they let you have these phones without getting your contracts extended?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I was calling to cancel at least one of the lines due to some reception issues. I still may need to cancel on down the road but at least for now we have two newer/nicer phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

How much are you selling the 8320 for?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Not sure yet.....I was just going to put it on ebay and see what it fetched. It's in great condition with the exception of a scratch in the top left corner (which would have been prevented if I would've kept the rubber case on it)
    CrackBerry Addict

So you called tmo cs and said you wanted to cancel your plan because of poor reception? But you said that they did not expire until Dec '09 and Sept '10. Don't they have a $200 early termination fee? My contract expired over 6 months ago. Think I could get the same deal? What exactly did you say?
    CrackBerry User

you not only get the new phones but you get them with an upgrade discount which if i may add you are not yet eligible for and on top of that you don't have to get a contract extension... if this doesn't spell bs i don't know what does
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Hey, I was just as surprised as you were when they offered that too me...what was I supposed to do not take it?

Maybe I just caught a weak CSR at the right moment......I really have no idea.