CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Iphone help please

I first would like to say I did a forum search and there was tons of info.... But it confused me even more about what was the best way to unlock and jailbreak and Iphone.

I am a tech challenge person who starts getting woozy at the thought of having to actually use any plugs to do anything with my phones. I actually updated my current blackberry after years because I could do it right from the phone. Low and behold I even apparantly screwed that up because now the phone works all wonky.

THAT SAID.......

I recently was given an ATT IPHONE 3g . Can anyone give me some instructions that are super simple on how to unlock and jailbreak this to work for TMOBILE.
    Also what about the whole sim card thing? Do I need to cut mine or buy a new one for it to workon the iphone?

PLEASE SEND HELP FOR THE TECH CHALLENGED

Thanks so much
    Last edited by SandAngel; 12-09-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    you probably aren't going to get it

You need to get the iPhone unlocked, that will enable you to use an ATT iPhone on T-mo. Google "iphone unlock code" and you will find instructions on how to do that. Then you can drop in your T-mo sim and you should be good to go. Be advised that you will NOT get 3G speeds, as ATT and T-mo use different 3G bands.
    Why was God able to create the world in 7 days? He didn't have an installed base!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks
    I have found lots of info here but there seems to be so many different opinions on which programs work better to do this. Can someone tell me WHICH is the easiest and has the tendency to work the best?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

please take a screenshot of the general area in the settings menu. knowing the version of the iPhone 3G and the modem baseband is crucial information.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    PIN
    25E74133

These are good instructions.

If you don't have access to an AT&T Sim Card, buy this. You'll need it.
    CrackBerry Addict

I was all freaked out too when I got my phone and it wasn't too difficult to do once I had the right info. You might be able to JB using jailbreakme which is SUPER easy (you just toggle the slider) and then you download an application which unlocks the phone. You need to know a few things about the phone first so the guide listed above is a good place to start. Feel free to PM if you need help.
    Please support my new site
    Chellie’s World™

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I'm in a similar situation. I've got an iPhone 4 I want to unlock for T-Mo, but every set of instructions is different. I may have blew it by updating it to the latest iOS version, but if anyone can provide me with the proper info, I would appreciate it.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.