Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ^UP
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation International Long Distance Blocking not doing its job.

last month, on of my lines have been calling internationally- bill was high! so i had the international long distance block added since the rep said it should cover in/out going calls.
    but this month, i checked the usage and i saw that she has been receiving calls internationally! though she told me that they used a calling card, their Philippines # is showing on the call records.
    now, tmo is showing this as international call charges!
    so, what is going on with the block international calls feature? please, someone chime in on this.
    Tweet Tweet! @eRiQuh
    http://twitter.com/eRiQuh

Please do a mention saying you found me on cb so i will add & follow you!!
    CrackBerry Master

If the calls were placed after the international block was added, the charges are not valid. Period. Call back and confirm the date that the block was added. Compare it against the date of the charged calls. Keep in mind that the billing is delayed by a month or more before you receive the bill.
    Was my post informative or helpful? Click Thanks
    Please do not send me PMs
    Ex TMO employee that welcomes questions. Try my username on GoogleTalk or @gmail.com
    Feedback Thread
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ^UP
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks norris! Will post back later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Han-ShinBi View Post
    Thanks norris! Will post back later.

Wake up dude!

Ain't such a thing..........period, no charge when in the USA for receiving calls from abroad, unless you don't have unlimited and you have exceeded your minute bucket.

Also, there is NO such a thing as blocking 'incoming' long distance calls.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
    Wake up dude!

Ain't such a thing..........period, no charge when in the USA for receiving calls from abroad, unless you don't have unlimited and you have exceeded your minute bucket.

Also, there is NO such a thing as blocking 'incoming' long distance calls.

how sure are you of this? I don't have my call records available for this right now, but I'm 90% sure I have been charged for receiving international calls in the past.
    CrackBerry Master

Actually, I think I misunderstood part of your initial post. Incoming calls do not cost anything to the person that receives them, except for collect calls. An incoming international call charges the person making the call only.
    Was my post informative or helpful? Click Thanks
    Please do not send me PMs
    Ex TMO employee that welcomes questions. Try my username on GoogleTalk or @gmail.com
    Feedback Thread