Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Up to now I haven't seen anyone say they have a STL110-3 RFK121LW model.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Compatibility with T-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAves View Post
    Up to now I haven't seen anyone say they have a STL110-3 RFK121LW model.
    yea they seem to be super rare
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    yea they seem to be super rare
    Wind is launching them next week in Canada.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAves View Post
    Wind is launching them next week in Canada.
    Oh really? In white and off contact? Maybe I should hold off and try and have some nice soul get one of those instead of the 91 model
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

This chart that I created may help clear up some confusion.

Compatibility with T-mobile-z10_frequencies.jpg
    Thanked by 3:
    austriker (02-23-2013),  Brian Scasta (02-25-2013),  distributor1 (03-04-2013) 
    austriker and raino like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScwB View Post
    Nice job. This will be very handy. I believe UK carriers are using STL100-2, so maybe if/when we get confirmation of that, you could update the last column.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've started a new thread with an updated version: Clearing up Confusion on Z10 Models and Frequencies
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just posted this on another similar thread. Thought I would put it here as well.

I have a Z10 unlocked running on T-Mobile. Everything works great except no option for wifi calling.. Speeds are amazing I have seen up to 14Mbps but attached is a screen shot of various lower speeds (4-9Mbps) I have gotten recently (14Mbps was in a city a ways from here). You will also see it is running of T-mobile 4G. This is a Canadian model.. unsure of the carrier as it came unlocked but it is a white, STL100-3, RFF91LW model and is absolutely utilizing the 1700 4G band. I am curious if the bands that are listed with the different STL100-3 variants were software locked, and once the phone is unlocked they are removed, but regardless I have tested this in areas where T-mobile has not deployed its 1900 3G network and it still works well on the 1700 3G/4G. If someone more technical has an explanation that would be interesting, but for now know that it works when unlocked.

ALSO, I used to rely on Wifi Calling inside my house (its like a bunker for cell phone coverage) and I was concerned about this as I got NO coverage. But with the Z10 I get at least one bar walking around my house. Just enough. (For comparison, I was on the 9900 and the IPhone 4 before neither of which got any coverage). Hope this helps someone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Compatibility with T-mobile-img_00000015.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    austriker (02-24-2013),  Brian Scasta (02-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by truth51187 View Post
    Just posted this on another similar thread. Thought I would put it here as well.

I have a Z10 unlocked running on T-Mobile. Everything works great except no option for wifi calling.. Speeds are amazing I have seen up to 14Mbps but attached is a screen shot of various lower speeds (4-9Mbps) I have gotten recently (14Mbps was in a city a ways from here). You will also see it is running of T-mobile 4G. This is a Canadian model.. unsure of the carrier as it came unlocked but it is a white, STL100-3, RFF91LW model and is absolutely utilizing the 1700 4G band. I am curious if the bands that are listed with the different STL100-3 variants were software locked, and once the phone is unlocked they are removed, but regardless I have tested this in areas where T-mobile has not deployed its 1900 3G network and it still works well on the 1700 3G/4G. If someone more technical has an explanation that would be interesting, but for now know that it works when unlocked.

ALSO, I used to rely on Wifi Calling inside my house (its like a bunker for cell phone coverage) and I was concerned about this as I got NO coverage. But with the Z10 I get at least one bar walking around my house. Just enough. (For comparison, I was on the 9900 and the IPhone 4 before neither of which got any coverage). Hope this helps someone.
    Definitely helps, thanks so much! Also where are you?
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am in Rhode Island, USA. I got the 14Mbps in Newport (both 1900 and 1700 available there). These speed tests were done in West Warwick RI, Where I have not seen the 1900 band (when using the Iphone 4). Currently there is 1900 3G in Providence, Pawtucket, Warwick, and Newport (that I have seen). I kept a strong 4G signal throughout when driving around the state including West Warwick, where I have never seen the 1900 3G on the Iphone 4.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This may sound like a dumb question, but how do you get the time to be displayed like in your picture? The only time mine will display like that is when the phone is locked. When minimize the pane like you did, my clock just shows up at the top, with no date option, unless I swipe down from the top.

I'd like to have my date/time displayed like the way your screen shot shows.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hi u4ria,

I took the screen shot when I was unlocking the phone with the swipe up. The speedtest app was already open and running. I did this so the T-Mobile 4G would show at the same time as the the app. When on the regular home screen it just says 4G without the network name. It would be cool to have that on the home screen like that though..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ah, ok. That confirms I'm not the only person who can't get the date/time to show up like that.

I had a T-Mobile card in mine and it displayed that on the top right hand corner as well. Now I'm on Simple Mobile and mine has "Simple Mobile" displayed. I have not come close to the 14 you've achieved with either micro sim in the phone. Fastest I've gotten is around 9.7. On average, I'm seeing about 7 Up, 1.3 Down.

Global Posts
    7,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truth51187 View Post
    I am in Rhode Island, USA. I got the 14Mbps in Newport (both 1900 and 1700 available there). These speed tests were done in West Warwick RI, Where I have not seen the 1900 band (when using the Iphone 4). Currently there is 1900 3G in Providence, Pawtucket, Warwick, and Newport (that I have seen). I kept a strong 4G signal throughout when driving around the state including West Warwick, where I have never seen the 1900 3G on the Iphone 4.
    Interesting results. I'm looking at airportal.de, and there are a few sightings of 1900 MHz 3G: along East Ave. (where it meets Bald Hill Rd.), around highway 5 (near the Marshall's), and along I-95/highway 37.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Interesting results. I'm looking at airportal.de, and there are a few sightings of 1900 MHz 3G: along East Ave. (where it meets Bald Hill Rd.), around highway 5 (near the Marshall's), and along I-95/highway 37.
    The East Ave/Bald Hill Rd sighting is in Warwick, not West Warwick (they are two separate towns). I live in West Warwick on the Coventry line to give you a better idea of where I am getting 4G on the Z10.. Also I maintained 4G the entire length of Rt. 4 when driving from West Warwick to Newport. The Highway 5/Marshalls area is Cranston (I didn't know about it being in Cranston, but that wasn't one of the towns I sighted as proof of the 1700 spectrum, so we're good). And the I95/Highway 37 sighting is on the Cranston/Warwick line. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,240 Global Posts

Just tested my unlocked Koodo Z10 and it's working on T-Mobile. Using T-Mo pay as you go, $3/day

It connected to 4G. Speedtest gave me 13Mbps.
    I LOVE MY 8310 9700 9900 Z10 Z30 Passport!
    Thanked by:
    austriker (02-27-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluetroll View Post
    Just tested my unlocked Koodo Z10 and it's working on T-Mobile. Using T-Mo pay as you go, $3/day

It connected to 4G. Speedtest gave me 13Mbps.
    That can't be LTE. My HSPA+ on my Androids easily give me over 20Mbps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wind Mobile released the Z10 today. Looks like it's the same variant as Koodo, Telus, Rogers, Bell & Virgin.

Based on the specs posted, there's no HSPA+ 1700 MHz.

http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCat...utmk=114753543

Global Posts
    7,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    Wind Mobile released the Z10 today. Looks like it's the same variant as Koodo, Telus, Rogers, Bell & Virgin.

Those specs are, at best, incomplete. WIND users here are reporting getting the AWS Z10 model.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post

Someone already confirmed it is the RFK121LW model, which is what should work on T-Mobile.
    CrackBerry Abuser

4G hspa+ speeds are very dependent on carrier and coverage but 14 is very good and 20 is exceptional

Posted via CB10
    Tom Phelan
    Email: TrippPhelan@outlook.com
    My Z10 Pin: 26711D97
    My Q10 Pin: 2AF32DCE
    Twitter: @TphelanIII
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am pretty sure at this point that the two different 100-3 models are a software block on the 1700 band and once unlocked it is removed .... I am using the 91 variant ( same as Rogers and AT&T) and I am getting 4G on T-Mobile in places where they only have 1700 3G/4G. People are posting similar regarding wind.

Posted via CB10
    Tom Phelan
    Email: TrippPhelan@outlook.com
    My Z10 Pin: 26711D97
    My Q10 Pin: 2AF32DCE
    Twitter: @TphelanIII
    Thanked by 2:
    austriker (02-28-2013),  yummur (03-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Scasta View Post
    Just called Blackberry Support and they told me that there is only one GSM version. They will not be splitting the bands between different versions. It has all bands.
    You need to define the question better. Technically if the rep is thinking EDGE or 3G, that may be correct. However I know for certain that there are at least 5 different flavors, and the LTE frequency is a big variant. This directly from the mouth of our Blackberry representative. They are concerned about transshipping between continents and having problems with users getting a phone which does not completely work in their area.

I have the STL 100-1 which seems to be pretty generic, but I don't use LTE since I travel in countries that don't have LTE yet.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScwB View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z10_Frequencies.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	137481
    This is very good. We had not even seen this as a distributor.

Global Posts
    7,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distributor1 View Post
    This is very good. We had not even seen this as a distributor.
    That's because it was custom made by a CB forums member
    austriker likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12