Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Compatibility with T-mobile

Ok, so the Blackberry website lists the bands that the Z10 works on as

Network bands

Up to 4G LTE
    Quad band LTE 2, 5, 4, 17 (700/850/1700/1900 MHz)
    Tri band HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6 (850/1900/2100 MHz)
    Quad band HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5/6, (850/1700/1900/2100 MHz)
    Quad band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Nowhere on the page says that there will be different phones with different bands. If anybody ACTUALLY knows if this is correct or incorrect, please let me know. I am not looking for someone speculating based on past experience with Blackberry. I think we can safely say that nothing is the same after the news of no BIS required. Thank you in advance.

Brian Scasta
    Thanked by 2:
    austriker (02-02-2013),  ubizmo (02-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Just called Blackberry Support and they told me that there is only one GSM version. They will not be splitting the bands between different versions. It has all bands.
    Thanked by:
    austriker (02-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

OK, but what I would like to know about is wifi calling...when T-Mobile releases their version, will it have it? If it does, can we then load wifi calling on the Z10 if we purchase an unlocked version?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280a8807

if tmo wont carry q10 will the rogers or orange version work perfectly on tmo? mainly the wifi calling.
    pin: 2b09bd74
    Austin, Texas, USA

Started with a 7510 to a 8830 to a 9630 to a 9700 to a 9900....and now a Q10
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Scasta View Post
    Network bands
    Tri band HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6 (850/1900/2100 MHz)
    Quad band HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5/6, (850/1700/1900/2100 MHz)
    This (separate listings of HSPA+) indicates two devices. Plus, isn't 1,2,5 and 6 quad band, and 1,2,4,5 and 6 penta band?

Edit: GSMArena also seems to indicate two models, separated by the HSPA+ frequencies listed above. The good news is that they're all quad band GSM and quad band LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAves View Post
    OK, but what I would like to know about is wifi calling...when T-Mobile releases their version, will it have it? If it does, can we then load wifi calling on the Z10 if we purchase an unlocked version?
    This is a very valid concern. I didn't fully research WiFi calling when buying a Wind GS3, and now I'm stuck without WiFi calling.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport
    CrackBerry Abuser

Currently, the UK folks cannot get UMA/Wifi Calling to work on their Z10s.

No one knows if TMO UMA will be supported or not, at launch or ever. The Crackberry HQ folks should provide some insider answers to these important questions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Unlocked Koodo phone works on Wind and surely on TMO. Confirmed.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Compatibility with T-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by llamax View Post
    Goood news. Now is that phone the tri or quad band gsm? I want to be sure it will get the 1700 that tmobile is set to unleash its LTE on.
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by llamax View Post
    What is the model number for that phone?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have an RFF91LW from Virgin Mobile (Bell). Unlocked it tonight and popped in a T-Mobile micro sim. Works like a charm. Have been able to surf web, text, and make phone calls. Haven't tried BBM or anything yet as I still have not fully transferred everything over from my OS7 phone.

When the phone boots up, I get the TMobile splash screen, 5 full bars and a nice 4G status. Tried out speedtest a couple of times from my desk, and fastest I've gotten is about 4 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up. Mistakenly posted saying I hit 15 Mbps (wifi was on) earlier.

However, depending on where I'm at in my place, it goes from 4G to Edge. I haven't left the house, so I don't know what the reception is like in other parts of town. Will know more tomorrow when I'm out & about in Houston.

So..I can confirm that the RFF91LW works on T Mobile's 1900 MHz band. Next up will be LTE when it's launched.
    Last edited by u4ria; 02-22-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: More info
    Thanked by:
    austriker (02-22-2013) 
    raino likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    Tried out speedtest a couple of times from my desk, and fastest I've gotten is about 4 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up. Mistakenly posted saying I hit 15 Mbps (wifi was on) earlier.
    Dang, your post in the other thread saying 15 Mbps down got me very excited. Dang but 4 down and 1 up is pretty pitiful for 4G right? I know LTE is a lot faster I just dont know specifics on numbers..
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

It should be faster, but I'm probably in a bad spot or something, even though I have 5 full bars. I'll do some more testing tomorrow when I'm in other parts of town. I was hoping for something like 15 Mbps or higher on the HSPA+ network, but not tonight.

LTE is faster, but if you're not on the unlimited plan, it just means you'll hit your data cap faster.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Maybe the speeds would have been better with the RFK121LW model since the frequencies are different, perhaps you are just getting 3G speeds. Here in South Florida I easily get 20Mbps down on HSPA+ on T-Mobile.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just ran another test, in the Memorial Area of Houston.

Down: 8.6 Mbps
    Up: 1.16 Mbps

Will run another test while I'm at Fry's on 59.
    austriker likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Maybe the speeds would have been better with the RFK121LW model since the frequencies are different, perhaps you are just getting 3G speeds. Here in South Florida I easily get 20Mbps down on HSPA+ on T-Mobile.
    Why- are you using the 121 model to get the 20Mbps?
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just ran some more tests in various parts of Houston.

Down: 9.6 Mbps
    Up: 2.05 Mbps

Those were the fastest I've been able to achieve so far in my limited testing. Talked to one of my sources running on Koodo (Telus). Their results were 13.78 Down, 1.85 Up.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    Why- are you using the 121 model to get the 20Mbps?
    No, that is done on Samsung GS3 and Galaxy Blaze.
    I could be wrong but I just have this feeling that the reason for this big delay in the US is that the 121 model was not produced and I believe both AT&T and T-Mobile will be using the same exact phone.

Global Posts
    7,245 Global Posts

I could be wrong but I just have this feeling that the reason for this big delay in the US is that the 121 model was not produced and I believe both AT&T and T-Mobile will be using the same exact phone.
    Remember the guy who was going to buy Z10s in Canada and sell them at little to no profit? He had started another thread linking to an eBay auction that supposedly had a British121 for sale. The thread has been deleted now, but I'm 100% sure it said 121 and that it was from from the UK.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280a8807

does this model have wifi calling?
    pin: 2b09bd74
    Austin, Texas, USA

Started with a 7510 to a 8830 to a 9630 to a 9700 to a 9900....and now a Q10

Global Posts
    7,245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lobbyintx View Post
    does this model have wifi calling?
    UMA, no. WiFi calling is a negative too atm, but that could change.
    Thanked by:
    lobbyintx (02-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ran some more tests with a Simple Mobile micro sim. Results vary and they're all over the board. Getting results of 6/1, then move about 3 feet over and it drops to 3/0.75.

Compared it to coworker sitting beside me. On his iPhone (ATT LTE), he was getting 15/16. His upload speed was faster than his download speed!

Another coworker on a Note 2, on T-Mobile was only getting around 2/0.6. I have not gotten anything as low as him.
    Thanked by:
    austriker (02-22-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Remember the guy who was going to buy Z10s in Canada and sell them at little to no profit? He had started another thread linking to an eBay auction that supposedly had a British121 for sale. The thread has been deleted now, but I'm 100% sure it said 121 and that it was from from the UK.
    There are two models 121, one of them has no LTE.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    By the way, the price on Amazon is as low as $788 for an unlocked Z10.

Global Posts
    7,245 Global Posts

There are two models 121, one of them has no LTE.
    Good catch. The listing has the other 121 variant (RFH121LW aka STL100-2), which is the international release, for $850. Here is the listing.

What threw me off is the seller misleading potential buyers by listing RFK121LW's bands, when the pictures clearly show RFH121LW as the model#. I hope nobody from North America buys from the crook.

Global Posts
    18,221 Global Posts

Correct...must be the STL100-3 model for LTE...I can say for certain as I have one and it definitely gets LTE with the correct SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast