Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BREAKING NEWS: AT&T to buy T-Mobile

Wow!!! Wonder what this means for TMO's 3G network which is different from AT&T's? Lots of questions. Merger, if it happens, won't be finalized for around a year, so we have time to discuss.

Here's one article:

AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion -- Engadget
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2a26ceb1

Yikes. ATT was horrible so I left them to go to T-Mobile. Ugh.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

I just saw this. Im not sure how to feel about it. but maybe us at t-mobile will get some new Blackberry devices Like the torch or torch 2
    BB Pearl 8100 (2007 - 2009)
    BB curve 8900 (2009-2011)
    BB Bold 9700 (2011- )
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    PIN
    25E74133

This was the first thing that popped into my mind:

AT&T can't make me get rid of the $19.99 unlimited bb plan that I'm grandfathered into, can it?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

I just hope that my Even More Plus plan doesn't change, I will be fine.

Also, if a bunch of Tmo customers get iPhones the network will be slower than it already is.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30FC4812

This is what the Mayan's predicted would happen on the road to 2012...
    The Apocalypse is near...
    @the_ruined on Twitter
    theruined on Facebook
    7105t>8320>9530>9550>Z10>Q10>Z30
    "Come get yo freak on @ Club Freak On"
    Take what I say with a grain of salt...I'm from California
    Thanked by 3:
    BeyondTheBox (03-22-2011),  big_time2 (03-20-2011),  Guatiao (03-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I really dont care as long as i can keep my even more plus plan AND HAVE UMA. I NEED UMA
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLE

The sad part is that even with this acquisition, ATT's data network still won't come close to VZW's coverage.
    This space for rent.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask!! i,ll bbm if i like ye !!

i thought over here in uk orange and t mobile where pretty much the same company
    and customers do recieve better coverage from both imo
    not sure about at&t as im from scotland ?
    DAVESHIZ BB Z10 -BB PLAYBOOK -iIPHONE5S
    Away over to the dark side for a wee while

USING CB10 ON MY Z10
    Jeezo 500 posts already!!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEA9BC

I hope FCC dosent let THE DEVIL take over TMO.
    Smile Man, Just Smile
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hope this isn't the end of UMA...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post

Also, if a bunch of Tmo customers get iPhones the network will be slower than it already is.
    T-Mobile had more iPhones on its network than AT&T as it is. This will just compound things.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

In other words, nothing will change until the merger is finalized.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,818 Global Posts

I wonder if I will get 3G in my town now. Still on GPRS.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I'm not a big fan of this news at all. A few important questions comes to mind:

1) will the amazing customer service of t-mobile be carried over to this new joint venture?

2) Will my current t-mobile plan be grandfathered in or will it eventually be phased out?

3) will i be forced to take on an at&t plan?

the only positive i see out of this is the potentially nicer phones that at&t has, but its not worth it to me to have crappier service for semi-nicer phone.

I guess only time will tell.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    4,530 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeez1490 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of this news at all. A few important questions comes to mind:

1) will the amazing customer service of t-mobile be carried over to this new joint venture?

2) Will my current t-mobile plan be grandfathered in or will it eventually be phased out?

3) will i be forced to take on an at&t plan?

the only positive i see out of this is the potentially nicer phones that at&t has, but its not worth it to me to have crappier service for semi-nicer phone.

I guess only time will tell.
    1.) That's a great question and I'm extremely happy I switched to Verizon because their customer service is excellent. Sadly, if T-Mobile's customer service disappears and you're stuck dealing with AT&T's, you're in for a headache. It's the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with and that includes Microsoft.

2.) Possibly, but it may not be permanent because of the upgrade process. No one can say for sure, but I could of sworn that many Alltel Wireless customers kept their plan but ended up losing it when they needed a new phone. Don't hold me to this though and you need to be prepared for the worst.

3.) See number 2.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts

I really feel sorry for you guys & gals
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ralfyguy View Post
    I wonder if I will get 3G in my town now. Still on GPRS.
    AT&T/Southwestern Bell wired most all of Oklahoma so you might not get 3G but it will be better.

Wow I just looked at AT&T's coverage map and there is some damn big holes in coverage in southeastern OK. I was looking to see if their phones worked on US 177 between Asher and Tecumseh because T-Mobile doesn't.
    Last edited by ric25455; 03-20-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Added info
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,818 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ric25455 View Post
    AT&T/Southwestern Bell wired most all of Oklahoma so you might not get 3G but it will be better.
    AT&T, Sprint have 3G in my Town already. In fact T-Mobile is the only one NOT having 3G here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

A good question I have is will T-Mobile/AT&T let us out of the contracts when the merger is final? I don't plan on leaving unless it gets really bad but I've been pricing Verizon just in case.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Tmobile no more

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post

I had a friend who was an Alltell customer when it was swallowed up by Verizon. His phone plan didn't change until he gave into the allure of a new cellphone.

Still not sure how ATT is going to deal with Tmobile EM+ customers, as it stands with us now if we want a new phone, we buy them, full price, and if they have a service we need we pay for it at a slight discount, AND NO CONTRACTS.

I would think integration of existing customers, and employees is at least a small part of their take over plan (maybe a very small part), but I don't see us all being hauled to the chopping block on the day of acquisition.

I think it will probably be a slow process where they chip away at us until we come into line with their service plans. One thing for sure is the disappearance of things like free wi-fi, no service requirements for Blackberries, limited free tethering, customer loyalty, and from what I remember (almost 10 yrs ago when I left ATT) the loss of the best customer service we ever had.

I'm not a big fan of CDMA phones, but at least I have that option. I don't know what the customers with international service needs are going to do, I guess ATT will own most of you guys now, Hey!!!, isn't that what broke up the big Ma Bell monopolies in the first place.

Anyway, I guess we all just have to wait and see.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,214 Global Posts

Well I was considering switching to T-mobile anyway. I guess I'll switch now to get better T-Mobile rates in summer and hopefully get AT&T's full coverage later hopefully in a grandfathered plan.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I have one word for this news...

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Some pertinent information.

Bottom line is ..

"The merger will ensure the deployment of a robust 4G LTE network to 95% of the U.S. population, something neither company would achieve on its own. Also, because of our compatible networks and spectrum, the customers of T-Mobile USA and AT&T will experience improved voice and data service almost immediately after the networks are integrated."

"T-Mobile USA remains an independent company. The acquisition is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. We do not offer the iPhone. We offer cutting edge devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G and coming soon our new Sidekick 4G."

T-Mobile's FAQ For Customers
    Last edited by Tezuya; 03-20-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast