Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Blackberry at Walmart

What's up CB Addicts,

I have been with T-Mo for about 4 years and have two 8320's. I am planning on upgrading my BB's soon. I was thinking about going with the 8520 or 8900. When I went online to check the upgrade price, for the 8520 it is listed as $239.99 and for the 8900, a whopping $409.99, both with a two-year contracts.

I checked the the Walmart website, the 8520 upgrade is listed as $49.99 and the 8900 for $149.99 with two-year contracts.

Is this correct? Has anyone tried this?

I was just wondering if this is an option to upgrading without paying too much money.

Thanks.
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by laklive View Post
    What's up CB Addicts,

I have been with T-Mo for about 4 years and have two 8320's. I am planning on upgrading my BB's soon. I was thinking about going with the 8520 or 8900. When I went online to check the upgrade price, for the 8520 it is listed as $239.99 and for the 8900, a whopping $409.99, both with a two-year contracts.

I checked the the Walmart website, the 8520 upgrade is listed as $49.99 and the 8900 for $149.99 with two-year contracts.

Is this correct? Has anyone tried this?

I was just wondering if this is an option to upgrading without paying too much money.

Thanks.
    With WalMart, you'll probably have to change your number if you can get them to sell to you at all because I'm betting their pricing is for new activations only. And if you want to go that route, make sure you are out of contract with T-Mobile otherwise you might be subject to a $200/line EFT (early termination fee) for closing your own account.

You also might want to call T-Mobile and discuss your account and see where you are on your contract and what, if anything, they can do for you.
    CrackBerry User

I upgraded my wife to a BB 8520 at Wal-Mart with little problems. She was still using a dumphone, but when we saw the price we upgraded her on the family plan for $50. It is not only for new activations. The thing is those prices quoted from T-mobiles website sound wrong. Check to make sure you are elgible for the full upgrade. It should be $129 for the 8520 and $149 for the 8900 from T-Mobile. Wal-Mart is a much better deal on the 8520.
    CrackBerry User

laklive, you can upgrade to 8520 at wirefly.com for free
    8900 is for 79.99
    CrackBerry Genius

It sounds like you're in the middle of your contract. T-Mobile only takes off a small discount when you go to upgrade phones in the middle of your contract.

Walmart is showing the 2 year upgrade/activations for NEW customers or those who are truly at the end of your contract. It doesn't sound like you're in either of these groups.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    21a0ebd9

This has nothing to do with the question but I just thought I'd mention you should spend the extra and get the 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Default Check with Tmo on pricing::Web is wacky

Greetings,

I have four phones with Tmo. One line offers an 8900 for $409.99 and the next three lines are $149.xx. All four lines are out of contract and Tmo told me that one of their back end servers is at least 30 days behind what the account status really is. That is, the $409 price is invalid.

Cheers
  8. larrygump

wow......letstalk.com.........they have the best prices Ive ever seen....there CS sucks......but you cant beat the prices.....Im not even going to get on the whole new customer vs. existing soap box....its just too bad
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20ECCF39

What doesn't Walmart sell?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    PIN
    307E6A06

I got my Storm for $39.94 shipped overnight FREE! WalMart.com and LetsTalk.com have great deals all the time. Use a coupon scanner and get the best promo code for your Phone/Plan...