CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry limitations

I could be wrong. But it seems that T-Mobile has the least amount of limitations for blackberries. I am prob unaware of things but I wanted to discuss and find out.

1. a. At&t doesnt allow the blackberry maps. Though google maps works just fine.
    b. Data for corporate accounts is 45 bucks.

2. a. Verizion data for regular users is $45?

3. a. Actually my title is wrong I think sprint offers the best value. 99 all you can use package?
    b. But the drawback is CDMA and not a GSM (global phone).

4. a. T-Mobile recently increased text message pricing for blackberries. I thoughit it was unlimited for 5 bucks for a time being?

My info could be completely wrong. So please correct me. I did this all from memory and might not be completely factual.
    CrackBerry Genius

1. a) don't know about this one
    b) pretty sure this is true.

2a) Actually Verizon data for regular users is like 29.99. the 45 is for BES (corporate) users

3a) Depending where you are, sprint may or may not be great. Depends on where you are. Coverage is bad in my area for it so I wouldn't use it. If the service is really bad for you, then IMHO, it's not worth 99 bucks. Some people also say that the data is slow and that CS is poor but I can't speak for them. And true, it's CDMA so no SIM card.

4) T-Mobile increased text message rates over the years for ALL users, not just BB users. currently you can get unlimited messaging for 14.99/month, regardless of what phone you have. I don't know about any unlim msg package going for 5 dollars at T-Mobile, I thought the lowest unlim package at one time was 9.99 for everyone on a family line.

Hope this helps.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    PIN
    :NIP

Quote Originally Posted by ny3ranger View Post
    I could be wrong. But it seems that T-Mobile has the least amount of limitations for blackberries. I am prob unaware of things but I wanted to discuss and find out.

1. a. At&t doesnt allow the blackberry maps. Though google maps works just fine.

2. a. Verizion data for regular users is $45?

3. a. Actually my title is wrong I think sprint offers the best value. 99 all you can use package?
    b. But the drawback is CDMA and not a GSM (global phone).

4. a. T-Mobile recently increased text message pricing for blackberries. I thoughit it was unlimited for 5 bucks for a time being?

My info could be completely wrong. So please correct me. I did this all from memory and might not be completely factual.

2. a. Verizion data for regular users is $45? nope $29.99

b. But the drawback is CDMA and not a GSM (global phone). VZW sells world phones...
    You can measure distance by time. "How far away is it?" "Oh about 20 minutes." But it doesn't work the other way. "When do you get off work?" "Around 3 miles."
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

b. But the drawback is CDMA and not a GSM (global phone). VZW sells world phones...This was the Sprint section

Quote Originally Posted by kstoutdog View Post

b. But the drawback is CDMA and not a GSM (global phone). VZW sells world phones...
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by ny3ranger View Post
    Never underestimate the value of...

5. Free tethering. If you pore over TMo's fine print it says tethering is prohibited, but they don't prevent you from doing it and and they don't charge for it.

6. UMA calling over WiFi. Sprint has AirRave, but a home Femtocell isn't very useful when you're traveling..

7. Cheap plans. I get a 700 minute family plan with unlimited UMA for the same price as my old carrier's 700 minute plan alone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

I'd also like to mention that T-Mobile really does have an unlimited data plan.

Other carriers (such as Verizon) say that their plans are unlimited, but there's really a data cap at around 1-5 GB. Once you pass that limit, they will start charging you by the MB or so, and those can add up!

This may not concern you if you don't tether but if you're like me and tether a lot and download stuff too, it's easy to pass 5 GB in a month depending on what you're doing.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also was lucky enough to get the family unlimited texting for 9.99. My kids text like 10000 times a month. I love tmobile. We have been with them since Voice stream.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts

Um.. AT&T allows BlackBerry Maps... no additional charges either...