CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Absolute nightmare switching Storm2 to T-Mobile

Long story short, I used Berryology.com; Home of the unlocked BlackBerry. How to for Storm to make the switch easier. However, despite his constant email support, I am unable to hold EDGE at all. It constantly switches to lower case edge and i have zero data.

This is an unlocked Blackberry Storm2 9550 that has worked perfectly under Verizon and in SE Asia while traveling and using their local GSM sims.

Yes, I have Blackberry Data plan with T-Mobile. It's the monthly pre-paid plan.

EDGE comes and goes, mostly goes.

I'm located in jersey City, NJ. Is this a connection issue? Does T-Mobile just suck? Supposedly I am in one of their highest speed areas.

I'm really frustrated at having no data.

And can someone help me set up email? I have my own domain name and was receiving emails for 18 months. Now with T-mobile I cannot even access the email setup, even when connected to WiFi. It just hangs. This has been a real nightmare.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Anyone?

I am getting spotty email service. I cannot use data as it loses the signal as soon as I try to use it.
    CrackBerry User

I can't help you very much with your issue but I can confirm good service in your area. I'm a few towns over and travel through Jersey City daily and constantly have a 3G on my 9700. If I'm ever on edge, its always EDGE. It shouldn't be the signal in your area.
    Moto V60>Moto T722i>Sidekick 2>Sidekick 3>BB Curve 8320>BB Bold 9700>BB Bold 9900>BB Z10/BB Q10
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yeah, my bars are always at full strength. It's an issue with how T-Mobile is communicating with my phone, likely not well due to the o.s.