Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default is 200mb of data enough for a month?

i dont use facebook or watch youtube videos. just browse the internet, beweather, score mobile, a little bbm, flixster. once in a while blackberry traffic

is 200mb data enough for me for a month?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,254 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request

I think you will need 500MB to be safe. But it all depends if you carefuly pay attention on what you use it should be enough for a month.
    BlackBerry Traffic is pretty data intensive while on the go though.
    gee gee baby~

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    PIN
    797EFCAF-- Say you got from CB

I was thinking the same thing with mine, that maybe I should switch mine as well, becasue I rarely stream videos and I don't stream music. I just BBM a lot, text, email, beweather, the occasional pic upload to FB, etc.

I wound up keeping my 2GB plan only because in the DL department, I do use appworld to upgrade apps and download them on occasion, and there have been times where I have come VERY close to going over 200mb and one month I actually did.

On average, I use less than 200mb per month, but if I do happen to go over that month (and I had the 200mb plan), it could get expensive because with the 200mb plan, they charge for additional data, where with the 2gb and above, its that amount of 4g data and then they throttle to edge speeds until your next billing cycle, making it unlimited data. Also, don't forget that when you upgrade an OS on your BB, some of the apps you have will need to be upgraded as well, because not always do OSs come with the latest version of every app.

I would monitor your usage for 2-3 months and then take an average of your data usage..then see where you are holding.
    Personal channel: C0003871C

Check out my blog at http://www.mydailydoseblog.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    PIN
    t of Blue Moon!

honestly 200mb isnt enough. you would constantly be watching your usage... which would be annoying.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure Fonzie would use a BB

7130>8100>8320>8820>9530>9630>9650>9780>9900
    CrackBerry Addict

Should be. 2 gigs first, and then downgrade if you don't exceed 200mb.
    Porsche Carrera S 997.2 -The Ultimate QNX Machine
    Porsche Carrera S 991 (Coming soon)
    CrackBerry Newbie

I switched from 2gigs to 200mb about three months ago, no issues at all. I use twitter a lot, a bit of web browsing, lots of email, some attachments. Nothing heavy. I think one of the benefits of the BB is that it uses much less data. I had an iPhone4 for a year and that easily used 200mb each month, I had to try to make sure I kept the phone connected to wifi as much as possible to keep under the 200mb limit. On the BB I found the only months I ever went over 200mb (when I had the 2gig plan) were when I was travelling and bridging my PlayBook to my 9780.
    CrackBerry Addict

I used to have 200MB and rarely used all of it. I don't do videos or stream music if I'm out of my house. I didn't use Google Maps either. Occassionally I did. I'm always on WiFi at home and at work I wasn't able to use my phone as much. The good thing about BBs is that they compressed data unlike other smartphones. So 200MB should be enough if you're a very light user and if you know for sure you're always going to be around WiFi. From my understanding, 2GB is the minimum data requirement on non-BB devices now.
    CrackBerry Addict

I just switched from BB to android. I can't believe how fast my android sucks down data even though i have turned off ton's of features trying to conserve. I easily stayed under 200 MB with BB and now with android i sucked down 1GB in like 4 days with just a few peaks at the net trying out my phone. I ended up turning off my location and email features to save data and now i don't have my email pushed except on demand.

I don't do facebook or music or movies.

If your BB and are around wifi alot i think you should be ok with minimum data usage . Just make sure you have your wifi connection set.
    CrackBerry User

200mb can be enough if you use wifi at home and/or work.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,493 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my favorite color

Quote Originally Posted by Nasir Jones View Post
    i dont use facebook or watch youtube videos. just browse the internet, beweather, score mobile, a little bbm, flixster. once in a while blackberry traffic

is 200mb data enough for me for a month?
    You may be able to swing it if you download and use Opera Mini, and stick to wifi settings when possible.