CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A4083E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default When does the blackberry data plan take into affect?

If I sign up for the blackberry personal data plan for $30.00 on wireless.att.com, how soon can I start using it? If I login under my wireless # and add that package to cart for my plan, can I start using the data right away? or when does it take into affect.
    Purchased from:
    - turbofreakftw
    - wiz1events

Feel free to PM me if feedbacks are needed
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K FLOYD

You can start using it right away. Sometimes your Blackberry browser won't show up, so I recommend a battery pull after you add the feature to your line. Once it restarts fully, within a minute you'll notice the BB browser, and your data indicator letters will be capitalized. This will indicate that you're good to go.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A4083E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the info JonB.

So if I add it on wireless.att.com I can use it right away and it will be billed in the following statement correct?

Whats the cutoff time for those data plans? For example, if I remove the feature from wireless.att.com on March 5th, I'll still get billed fully for the whole month of March?

Im not sure if my question makes any sense
    Purchased from:
    - turbofreakftw
    - wiz1events

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,445 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not anymore ;-)

I called on my way to work...by the time I got inside the building my BB features were loading. I had used a little data since my bill cycle started and they were able to start my plan to the beginning so that I wouldn't get charged extra for the data already used.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K FLOYD

Quote Originally Posted by kennyyboy View Post
    Thanks for the info JonB.

So if I add it on wireless.att.com I can use it right away and it will be billed in the following statement correct?

Whats the cutoff time for those data plans? For example, if I remove the feature from wireless.att.com on March 5th, I'll still get billed fully for the whole month of March?

Im not sure if my question makes any sense
    It's all based on your billing cycle, and proration will most likely apply, depending on when you add it. For example, if you're halfway thru your month and you add the feature, you be billed half the charge. So for the BB Personal plan, you'd be billed $15 for the half months worth. This is nice, since you didn't receive a full months worth in this instance. One thing to keep in mind, is most accounts bill in advance, so you'll also see a $30 plan charged on your same bill for the complete next month. If you cancel the feature, it will credit your next bill for the unused portions worth. Kind of confusing, but let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K FLOYD

Quote Originally Posted by hunoosh View Post
    I called on my way to work...by the time I got inside the building my BB features were loading. I had used a little data since my bill cycle started and they were able to start my plan to the beginning so that I wouldn't get charged extra for the data already used.
    I'd be wary of anyone who says they backdated it to the beginning of your month. They may have credited you for the usage charges, but be sure to check your next bill, as I'm sure you will. You most likely will need to call in for a credit for this unfortunately. Not guaranteeing it, but there's a good chance.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A4083E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    It's all based on your billing cycle, and proration will most likely apply, depending on when you add it. For example, if you're halfway thru your month and you add the feature, you be billed half the charge. So for the BB Personal plan, you'd be billed $15 for the half months worth. This is nice, since you didn't receive a full months worth in this instance. One thing to keep in mind, is most accounts bill in advance, so you'll also see a $30 plan charged on your same bill for the complete next month. If you cancel the feature, it will credit your next bill for the unused portions worth. Kind of confusing, but let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
    Thanks JonB, it makes sense I think.

If I start the feature now in mid February, when my bill comes I will get charged prorated for Mid-Feb to the end of billing cycle + $30 for NEXT statement's bill in advance.

When I do decide to cancel, I will get the credit back on the next billing cycle since I already paid for it in advance.

Gotcha thanks jon
    Purchased from:
    - turbofreakftw
    - wiz1events

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K FLOYD

Sounds like you got it, spot on. Glad to help.
    CrackBerry User

just for the record, your friendly AT&T reps in the stores get paid commission for you adding features to your account. When you go online and add them, or call customer service to add them, no one gets the commission . If you have an AT&T rep that you like and want to make them happy, try calling them and having them add the package to your account for you. It really makes a difference to our paychecks! Just thought I would put that out there!