Ok, heres the thing. I have had t-mobile in the past. I would use the Wifi (UMA) to make/receive calls. I was informed that on at&t it wouldn't work and it is because on non-branded t-mobile phones, this feature is turned off. Wouldn't that mean if you had, lets say for example, an unlocked t-mobile branded 8900 Curve being used on the at&t network, that UMA calls should work?

I know there are many t-mobile branded 8900 users out there using it on at&t. Can you guys verify this?
    02-14-09 01:54 PM
    My Bold isn't unlocked and I have AT&T. I'd lov e to be able to use teh WI-FI signal as well even if it still uses ur att minutes.
    02-14-09 02:34 PM
    You might have Wifi, but if the theory is right, you would'nt be able to use Wifi to make/receive calls as it is not a t-mobile device. Apparently it is a feature in the t-mobile devices.
    02-14-09 03:27 PM
    Won't work on ATT. The service is not offered.
    02-14-09 10:31 PM
    AT&T doesnt UMA so it will not work, regardless if u use a UMA phone or not, AT&T doesnt simply offer the service to begin with. Now if AT&T offered UMA i would defnitely be awesome
    02-14-09 10:45 PM
    UMA won't work on ATT because, as stated above, it is not offered by ATT. UMA works by basically sending data to T-mobile servers to take use voice. There's no way to get it to work with ATT unless they start to offer it.
    02-15-09 12:19 AM
    O ok, thanks for the info blackops, ace587, and intoflatlines. It answers my q. I really appreciate it . I just figured id see if it would work and if so, to help out myself and of course our beloved CB community . Thanks again guys.
    02-15-09 01:41 AM
    may sound stupid but i have a curve 8900 on t-mobile. how do you set your phone to use your wifi connection to make and recieve calls? i have wifi connected for emails etc
    01-24-10 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD