Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    PIN
    248be2f9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Using Data In Canada

So i live in new england and was planning on a road trip to canada.
    Niagara falls to toronto then to montreal and back home through boston.

I have a curve 8310.
    I have an unlimited data plan from 4 years ago that i was grandfathered into.
    i want to use google maps for directions.

now i know in the states its fine because when i went to California and no charges were added but this is to canada.

So will i get charged for using data outside the us? just for google maps
    as its a 8310 it doesnt have wifi.

if so how much am i looking at?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Just add the 20MB international data feature for $24.99 for the bill cycle you'll be in Canada for. If it's not enough when you check your usage, then replace it with the 50MB version for the same dates.

Pay per use international data has been the cause of tens of millions of dollars in bills.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask :-)

Don't forget depending on billing cycle you will be prorated for partial month and $24.99, also you will not receive full '20MB' if it is prorated.

My recommendation is to ask your sales rep to retroactive the data plan to start of your billing cycle..

Good luck!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

You can also backdate features online. Remember that limited features are portioned daily, too.

Say you get 30 units of X per month, and are charged $30 for that month. If you have it for one week, you get charged $7, and get 7 units of X.