Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Upgrade issue.

Sorry if this has been addressed. I ran an upgrade search on only came up with OS update issues. This is about Upgrade eligability. I was eligible for a phone upgrade in May but did not use the upgrade because I was waiting for the 9800 to come out. Every time I log on to the AT&T website it shows that I am available for an upgrade. Now that this new device is about to come out it suddenly says im not eligible till Oct 13. Wondering why the change. I called AT&T and they said they see the date changed but have no idea why and there is nothing they can do to change it back. I am not happy about this at all and just curious if I have any options. I have not made any changes to my account and my account is paid in full with a $0 blance, I have been with AT&T for MANY years and never had an issue till now, but this is a very big one to me. I dont understand why the date change. Thank you for any help
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Basically, if the cost of voice, messaging, and data on your line drops below $70 per month base rate, your eligibility is negatively impacted.

I would have been able to upgrade in June if I had kept my 900 minute voice plan and unlimited data. I would have been able to upgrade in October if I had kept unlimited data. But I barely use my phone for anything but important calls and email, and as I am not a consumerist, I have no need to enter into another contract just to get another phone to barely use.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

What I don't understand though is my plan has not changed since May when it said I was eligible till now when I'm suddenly not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Your eligibility is calculated in rolling three month periods. You could have changed something five months ago and only be impacted now.
    CrackBerry User

My Account did the same thing when the 9700 rolled out...

Completely Lame.