Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    cushion
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T's Equipment Choices?

Lately I have noticed that the other carriers are getting the newest smartphones and At&T seems to have topped out with the Blackberry Bold 9700. This is fine with me since I love the Blackberry Bold. But I have two younger individuals on my FamilyTalk Plan and they are not impressed with the equipment choices that are available.

I am wondering how At&T goes about making its equipment choices? And - why isn't AT&T getting any of the newer - more advanced smartphones?

Just wondering because it's getting more and more difficult for me to keep convincing my other two FamilyTalk Plan users to stay with AT&T once their contract time is up.

Peace...
    :When the music changes...So does the dance!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead. Some come from behind. But, I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." Dr. Seuss[/FONT]
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,576 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Well, I know ATT does not buy a phone each time a customer asks, they buy in Bulk. For the Bold 9000, they may purchase 10 to 20,000 at a time for the separate sales channels. Once ATT feels that the market has bottomed out on those models they will then move onto another model, if the financing is there and the demand. It is very possible that the newer models may not show the promise of sales as the current. Besides, some carriers will work out negotiations for exclusivity for a particular model. Storm for example. Just as ATT worked out exclusivity for the iPhone. These are just my opinions.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger

Also, remember that AT&T is in bed with Apple. They WANT you to buy an iPhone.
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

I pay the bill,and my kids priced the plans on their own , they are not going anywhere!!
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue "excellence does not require perfection "l.[/COLOR]
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

I never had a choice of what phone I got when I was on someone elses plan
    I've sipped many different Kool-Aid's...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    cushion
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

The two other individuals on my family plan are not actually children, as far as their age is concerned. They are on my plan because the "Family Talk" plan saves us money when it comes to "anytime" and "rollover" minutes. I don't expect them to stay on my plan forever. However, I was thinking that AT&T might want to keep customers rather than loose them. I could be wrong about that though.

Peace...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com