Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default TMO contracts on ATT

Have the reps been told for sure if ATT will honor TMO grandfathered loyality rate plans post merger?

Will we be forced into a ATT rate plan when our contracts expire?
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

I'm guessing you'll have to sign a new contract before any changes would occur. So as long as you can go without that, you'll get to keep your old plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

"Customers with AWS handsets will be migrated into newer handsets that run off 850/1900 band to make way for LTE on the AWS bands"

This is from the ATT conference call. So we would have to have a ATT device, meaning a change in our old contract, meaning a new contract = loosing old rate plans.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

It's going to take a long time before this gets finally approved (if it gets approved).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

12 months is what they are saying.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

No way that it happens that quickly. The Feds move slowly.

Plus after it is approved by the government, it still will take a while to implement all the internal processes within the company needed so that they will be able to determine how to merge the customer information.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts

and i'm guessing that this won't be the smoothest process on earth and even now all the bugs from both sides aren't worked out.

i'm hoping they run into a speed bump they can't overcome and the whole things just dies.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Even if the regulators approve this in as little as 12 months, it's going to take at least another 6-18 months to close, as well as handle all the divestitures (which will make the ALLTEL/VZW issue look like a picnic). I suspect that you would be able to remain "as-is" as long as you do implement a change that would trigger a new plan. Unfortunately, that could be as simple as adding or removing a feature or upgrading equipment (on contract).

There are certainly some DT investors quietly wishing for the merger to not happen. T-Mobile would get a $3B "break up fee" and a host of roaming agreements with AT&T if it's not approved. That would put T-Mobile's coverage in some parity with everyone else, and with UMA, great customer service to boot...