three things on my bill. What do they mean precisely?
I see these line items on my bill.
1) /WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE
2) BBRY PERSONAL
What exactly do these do for me? I know number 2 has something to do with Blackberry things. But please elaborate on all these.
Also, does the default APN the best one I should be using?
I found a 4th Item too
Last edited by neftv; 08-03-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Correction. Four things
- 08-03-2008, 11:50 PM #2
* /WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE = Media Pay Per Use, which shouldn't be there if you have a Blackberry plan.
* BBRY PERSONAL = BlackBerry Personal data package, your internet and email.
* BBRUNLCHILD = the "child" feature code, for the BB plan.
* WAP is wireless access point, but not sure why it's on the bill.No longer an AT&T Mobility employee. Resigned 2/27/09.
08-04-2008, 12:31 AM #4
- 13,994 Posts
- Point Accuracy
Can you take a screenshot? Blackout the personal stuff?
Did you recently get the BB plan? If so, that is a prorated charge for Pay per use internet.
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM #7
- 13,994 Posts
- Point Accuracy
Yes, call and verify.
I would also check online @ wireless.att.com to verify that it isn't in features.
I checked my invoices and nothing stated "/WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE"
I dont have a features section. Also, is WAP the only TCP connection that I can get. I was reading in one of the other forums that WAP is not the ideal connection. It's called something else but I don't know was that is. I want to know what that is before I call them.
Current Rate Plan: -
/S HOME 300/5K N&W 07/13-08/12 29.99 29.99
/TEXT MSG PAY PER USE
/VOICEMAIL / MWI
/WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE
CALL FORWARDING N/C
CALL WAITING N/C
NO ANSWER TRANSFER
/5000 N&WKND CTH MIN INCL 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
/INTERNATIONAL ROAMING 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
AT&T NATIONWIDE TOLL FREE 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
BBRY PERSONAL 07/13-08/12 30.00 30.00
EXPANDED INTL ROAM 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
MULTIMEDIA PAY PER USE 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
NE SUPER HOME ROAMING 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
STANDARD INTL DIAL 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
WAP 07/13-08/12 0.00 0.00
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
08-06-2008, 09:14 AM #9
- 6,864 Posts
As others have said, call ATT and clear up this mess!!
To me, after reading your posts, it sounds like you never changed your plan around at all once you added your Berry! If that is the case, you will not have the full potential of your Berry available and may rack up strange charges (without a BB data plan).
Call ATT and talk to a CSR and get your bill and plan sorted out!No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
The CSR told me that /WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE must stay there because if I didn't have the BBPersonal plan I would get charge per use for internet. And he really didn't explain to me what WAP is. And of course I didn't know what to ask for because I read somewhere WAP is not the best way to go I just could say that to him though. And no explanation as to what BBRUNLCHILD is. WHat is Child code? He just told me its with the BBPersonal plan.
- 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM #12
This is an old, old regional rate plan. That's why we didn't recognize it! :P
Says included 300 minutes, with 5,000 Night & Weekends. Doesn't mention roll over or mobile to mobile, either. Price is $29.99 main line and $29.99 additional lines (that's how I interpret it, with out seeing actual bill).
* Texting at PPU level.
* Voicemail, with a message waiting indicator (MWI / the envelope saying you have a message.)
* Internet at PPU level, this is over written with the Blackberry plan, but the feature is still code is still on there.
* AT&T DirectBill means things can be charged to your lines, via subscriptions and one time charges (i.e.; ringtones, games, etc.)
* Call forwarding is explanatory, you don't answer it goes to voicemail.
* Again, your N&W weekend minutes.
* You have international roaming capability turned on. No charge unless used.
* You can make calls to the continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands with out charge, but use of minutes.
* Your Blackberry data plan, unlimited data + email usage.
* This expands the available places you can roam.
* This is the PPU for MMS messages.
* This goes along with your region-only plans, outside that you should get charged for roaming.
* This enables to dial outside the country.
* WAP is again, wireless access point, and ties along with internet connections.
It's just a really old plan and works the same. I don't see anything actually adding anything to your bill, but the BB plan.No longer an AT&T Mobility employee. Resigned 2/27/09.
- CrackBerry Addict
08-06-2008, 02:29 PM #13
- 748 Posts
Yes definately give them a call!!!
I added another line to my plan and they screwed it all up. Good thing I called a couple of days later because txts were not going to the new line.
Good luck with that!!
=8')Stupid is Today
Dumb is Forever
Doing nothing is the hardest thing to do!
I can't stop to take a break!
So I can still roam the country on the internet part and not get charged extra right?
My whole point to starting this thread was I was just wondering about WAP. If I have BBPersonal do I have to go through WAP? why not have the ISP setting instead? My understanding is with WAP is a Nat firewall. The other way I would get a direct dhcp public address to the internet. I am just curious
- 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM #17No longer an AT&T Mobility employee. Resigned 2/27/09.
- CrackBerry Addict
11-21-2008, 12:44 PM #18
- 658 Posts
- s are so 90's