Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T registered phone won't let me use email or create new accounts

This post was posted by me in other section by mistake

Hi to all: (I Live in Panama - Central america)

I bought a BB Bold 9000 from ebay, barely used and came with the unlock code which I used and got the phone unlocked nice,

I went to my carrier and open a new account for my BB and everything ok till here, got my number, the BB messenger working fine and my data plan as well; butttttttt when i try to use the email wizard setup, I input the PIN and IMEI and it keeps me telling that its already registered!

i keep receiving mails from 3 different accounts (comcast.net, holmeshouse.com etc) I asume from the previous owner, I did a complete reflash (wiped out all) in my phone and as soon I put the SIM again got the emails coming in;

I'm not in the USA, but how can I get those mails out of the phone and use my push mails normally, because I can not set up any of my accounts!

I called ATT&T and they asked for my phone number, but i told them I'm not a att&t user, but i need the phone to be released somehow! and they said they can not help!

please advice what to do!

regards,

Gabriel
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    PIN
    20F1B23C

What I suggest doing is backing up your info then do a full master reset, sometimes that works if not Call AT&T & talk to tech support.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

Do what i do.

Get a friend who has a BIS user name to sign into your Bold. The Bold will ask if to switch PINs/transfer email accounts. Say yes. Then they will sign back into there own BB and you're clear to create an account on your Bold. Good luck.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    4,290 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOHICA

The person u bought the phone from has to call AT&T and RIM to release the pin so u can activate ur new BIS acct. Goood luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    The person u bought the phone from has to call AT&T and RIM to release the pin so u can activate ur new BIS acct. Goood luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good luck with that indeed.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.