Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just Ask...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T Pulls All BB Devices off Shelf in Local Store

I just spoke with a co-worker who loves BB because of performance, durability and long battery life. Her contract was up and her current BB had some hardware issues. She went to a local AT&T store looking to upgrade her BB since it was going to cost $300 to fix. The store sales rep told her that RIM pulled all of their BB devices from the AT&T stores and they pushed an Android phone on her, which she hates.

I just checked the AT&T website and they still have BB devices listed for sale. Can someone verify that RIM is pulling their BB7 devices from store shelves?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    “Well, we're not here to sell cookies... So they know something's up.”
    -- Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,391 Global Posts

That makes no sense at all. Why would you pull all your current devices when your new devices haven't been released yet. Does your friend drink a lot?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,416 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky swear

has to be just that local store because mine still have them.
    @blueyestm
    -------------------------------------------
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    PIN
    up

For the local AT&T store to be removing Blackberry Phones from their shelves, it sounds like some reps just want to ensure they get a bigger commission cheque. I would suggest your friend call AT&T support directly within the store next time they're there... it may prompt them to bring out a new phone from the back room... or a change in management especially since it is known fact that BlackBerry users don't put the same strain on the network as iPhones and Android devices (helping save the name of AT&T as a good network to use).

I've been asked by reps of carriers here in Canada why I still use a BlackBerry... I tell them why (and show them a direct comparison with my second line, an android phone) and they usually shut up or try to tell me my android phone must be defective.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

It could be their store. In our company models that don't sell get rma'd to be sent to stores where there is a demand for that model. Although, we got an RMA order for every BBOS 7 phone except the 9900 and the Curve about a month ago. All that we have available now is the 9900. This was district wide so it wasnt to redistribute stock...it sucks because we sell a lot of BB at our store.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-17-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just Ask...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

reeneebob,

What you are saying makes sense. After I posted the original message I was able to visit a couple of other AT&T stores and they did have BB devices. But the rep told my friend that RIM pulled the devices, not another AT&T store (guess he was needing the android sale). I told my friend about the AT&T website and she said she would give the droid a try and if it didn't work out (and I don't think it will as they had a heck of a time getting the BT in her SUV to pair with the phone) that she would go back to AT&T and demand a BB.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    “Well, we're not here to sell cookies... So they know something's up.”
    -- Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
    CrackBerry Abuser

The local walmart wireless near me didn't have any last month for vzw or att. I asked what was up and the said that all the companies have moved away from BB and have quit selling them and he thought went bankrupt and went of business the week before because they haven't have internet access or email service to customers in months. What a true anus. I showed him my 9900 was working just fine and he was lost for words.
    Thanked by:
    axeman1000 (06-23-2012) 
    axeman1000 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The local walmart wireless near me didn't have any last month for vzw or att. I asked what was up and the said that all the companies have moved away from BB and have quit selling them . Also he thought RIM went bankrupt and went of business the week before because they haven't had internet access or email service to customers in months. I showed him my 9900 was working just fine and he was lost for words. And don't worry I bashed iphone and android for everything they couldn't do like BB while holding my iphone in the other hand demostrating. He had a store full of customers when it went down and they were all listening.What a true anus.
    Last edited by boss_hog; 06-19-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by boss_hog View Post
    The local walmart wireless near me didn't have any last month for vzw or att. I asked what was up and the said that all the companies have moved away from BB and have quit selling them and he thought went bankrupt and went of business the week before because they haven't have internet access or email service to customers in months. What a true anus. I showed him my 9900 was working just fine and he was lost for words.
    Some sales reps are so brainwashed by their companies LOL Way to go on kicking him off his high horse.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

the AT&T store in our rural MO town quit carrying BBs at the beginning oft this year. So when my upgrade was due in May I had them order me the 9810 Torch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

My AT&T store carries a full line of BlackBerry devices...it is a coporate AT&T store as opposed to an AT&T "Authorized Retailer" which could be the difference...dunno.

Bob
    CrackBerry Abuser

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jonno_atamaniuk View Post
    I've been asked by reps of carriers here in Canada why I still use a BlackBerry... I tell them why (and show them a direct comparison with my second line, an android phone) and they usually shut up or try to tell me my android phone must be defective.

Ha! So true. It's probably because Google is secretly uploading your every move and email :-P (no but seriously, that's why)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FD84B0

Have her call customer service and express her displeasure and I am sure they will take care of her and get her back on BB if that is what she wants.
    USE: Droid 4, RAZR, Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, BB Bold 9930, HTC Trophy, AT&T SGSII, HTC One X, Moto Atrix2, HTC Vivid **
    RETIRED: Moto Razor V3M, RazorMax, LG Voyager, enV Touch, BB 8830(Red), 8330, 8900, 9000, 9530 & 9550, 9630 & 9650, Motorola Droid 1&2 (global) & 3, Droid Incredible, LG Thrill, Samsung Fascinate, Droid Pro, Motorola Devour, LG Ally, Optimous V, iPhone 3GS.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Ironically, here's an actual story that just happened to me this morning. I was in one of our local malls here in Southern California today and walked by an AT&T booth (they're everywhere down here). I stopped and looked at the phones on display when one of their sales people came up and asked if he could help me. I told him that I was just checking out the phones but was waiting for the BB10 to come out to upgrade. He actually laughed and said "lots of luck", it's looking pretty dim for Blackberry.
    I said that I preferred BB as did all my employees nationally, and that I preferred the real keyboard to the virtual one--and of course its a given that the security is better with BB which is important to me and my company. I figured he would be speachless and not be able to come back--but he did! He just looked at me like I was someone who knew nothing and laughed saying that they didn't even have a Blackberry in stock and had no plans of stocking any! I thanked him and walked away after it was obvious he didn't want to be bothered with me (even though I was actually going to ask to look at the Windows (Nokia) phone for my wife). Then his manager walked up and asked if I was being helped and I said yes. At that point the two of them walked off laughing as though I was a total fool. I had to LMAO at what had just happened but it did show me that rudeness aside, they were not interested in talking about BB or selling them. Had they been even the least bit interested in being true professionals and informative salespeople, they may have sold me (actually my wife) a new Nokia W7 phone or iPhone, but not a chance now. Idiots!
    The flip side of the coin is that I sure hope when BB10 does launch, AT&T will be selling them as I have been with them personally and busienss wise for over 25 yrs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FD84B0

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Ironically, here's an actual story that just happened to me this morning. I was in one of our local malls here in Southern California today and walked by an AT&T booth (they're everywhere down here). I stopped and looked at the phones on display when one of their sales people came up and asked if he could help me. I told him that I was just checking out the phones but was waiting for the BB10 to come out to upgrade. He actually laughed and said "lots of luck", it's looking pretty dim for Blackberry.
    I said that I preferred BB as did all my employees nationally, and that I preferred the real keyboard to the virtual one--and of course its a given that the security is better with BB which is important to me and my company. I figured he would be speachless and not be able to come back--but he did! He just looked at me like I was someone who knew nothing and laughed saying that they didn't even have a Blackberry in stock and had no plans of stocking any! I thanked him and walked away after it was obvious he didn't want to be bothered with me (even though I was actually going to ask to look at the Windows (Nokia) phone for my wife). Then his manager walked up and asked if I was being helped and I said yes. At that point the two of them walked off laughing as though I was a total fool. I had to LMAO at what had just happened but it did show me that rudeness aside, they were not interested in talking about BB or selling them. Had they been even the least bit interested in being true professionals and informative salespeople, they may have sold me (actually my wife) a new Nokia W7 phone or iPhone, but not a chance now. Idiots!
    The flip side of the coin is that I sure hope when BB10 does launch, AT&T will be selling them as I have been with them personally and busienss wise for over 25 yrs.
    Blackberry will launch just fine after the first of the year and they will push them if they are told to just like everywhere else. One of the main reasons RIM pushed things back is because carriers told them that it would be better to wait a couple months to a less busy time of year so they could properly train their people and get the marketing behind it. Most (but not all) of the people in the wireless stores tend to be pretty clueless and only know what they are told, but in all likelihood the same reps will push BB10 next February because that will be the next big thing.
    USE: Droid 4, RAZR, Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, BB Bold 9930, HTC Trophy, AT&T SGSII, HTC One X, Moto Atrix2, HTC Vivid **
    RETIRED: Moto Razor V3M, RazorMax, LG Voyager, enV Touch, BB 8830(Red), 8330, 8900, 9000, 9530 & 9550, 9630 & 9650, Motorola Droid 1&2 (global) & 3, Droid Incredible, LG Thrill, Samsung Fascinate, Droid Pro, Motorola Devour, LG Ally, Optimous V, iPhone 3GS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I can confirm that the Beaverton, Oregon AT&T store does not have any BlackBerry phones on display as of my visit to the store on Saturday September 22, 2012.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocka View Post
    Blackberry will launch just fine after the first of the year and they will push them if they are told to just like everywhere else. One of the main reasons RIM pushed things back is because carriers told them that it would be better to wait a couple months to a less busy time of year so they could properly train their people and get the marketing behind it. Most (but not all) of the people in the wireless stores tend to be pretty clueless and only know what they are told, but in all likelihood the same reps will push BB10 next February because that will be the next big thing.
    You can bet your sweet penny that all they want to push right now is IPHONE 5.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JORENO View Post
    You can bet your sweet penny that all they want to push right now is IPHONE 5.
    You may be right, but (and sorry if this should be in the VZW section) my local VZW corp. store is advertising hands-on workshops for iPhone, Android and...ta da, Blackberry! Yup, couldn't believe it. Of course it is being held @2AM on a Sunday, but you can't have everything.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

I think there might be more to this than your "friend" has told you. It makes no sense.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Pulls All BB Devices off Shelf in Local Store

That's shady. Seems hard to believe, aren't there contracts and what not one must meet?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @Judsonds
    Facebook Fan Page | eBay Auctions
    @SuperShopper265 Our Goal is to offer an affordable way for families to purchase new brand name clothes, accessories and shoes at 50-70% off retail.

I want to drop by iPhone 4s and get a Q10!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Default Re: AT&T Pulls All BB Devices off Shelf in Local Store

Yeah, I can tell you for sure and this was something that I posted a while back too...I can't even go into an AT&T store let alone any wireless carrier and ask a question about my plan or my phone without getting pitched an iPhone. I work at a big box retailer now which has a wireless connection center and there is not one BB there. I hang around a lot and talk to the two guys that run the counter. When they found out I had a BB, they were glad because they needed someone to help them out when a customer had a BB question. They don't carry them so they have no idea!
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,659 Global Posts

See this is the thing with me getting pushed and being manipulated. If there ever comes a time when only iCrap is left, I will not have a phone anymore, just because.

CrackBerry Addict

Last week I was in an ATT store (not just an authorized reseller) and they only had the 9900 on display. I asked the salesman about BB10 and he was clueless. Hadn't even heard of it. He said he thought BB was getting out of the consumer market and just going corporate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts

I get so tired of sales reps asking me "why do you want a BlackBerry?!". my response is "why wouldn't i want one?".

i too have had reps lie about RIM...saying the company went out of business and that BB10 was just a rumor. i seriously dont understand this type of thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Curve 8300 then....Q10 now

Music/Film/Tech
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast