Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T going to have a blackberry touch?

I was updating my wireless card at the Local Corporate AT&T store, and during the discussion with the rep, it came out that AT&T was looking at an "AT&T version of the Blackberry storm" called the "thunder"....

Anyone hear something similar? Can someone confirm or deny? Is this just a rehash of the old "Magnum" or "Pluto" rumor?

Thanks!
    ~Penrath~

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

Maybe? The Thunder was the name for the Storm 1 before it came out. So either the rep was stuck in 2008, or they smoked a little too much of something before work, and were feeding you BS.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

The GSM only version of the Storm2 is the 9520 that Vodaphone (verizons parent company) carriers in other parts of the world. No big loss if it stays with VZW as I did not like the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Yeah.. true...

Quote Originally Posted by ridesno159 View Post
    Maybe? The Thunder was the name for the Storm 1 before it came out. So either the rep was stuck in 2008, or they smoked a little too much of something before work, and were feeding you BS.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR6 View Post
    The GSM only version of the Storm2 is the 9520 that Vodaphone (verizons parent company) carriers in other parts of the world. No big loss if it stays with VZW as I did not like the Storm.

I agree with you both. He said something like "they were seeing if it will pass quality control"... I am really trying to be optimistic here. Too bad it sounded so suspicious! Maybe the box of capt'n Crunch he was eating handfuls of was an indicator....LOL!
    ~Penrath~

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

Yeah I wouldn't trust 'Thunder'.

Google it, its all pre 9500 release info.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    21674e3f

I think we (ATT) will maybe get a hybrid phone touch + keyboard maybe in Q3 according to my BB rep.. but then again it could be all speculation.
    - A bad day fishing beats a good day at work! -
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale......

Global Posts
    10,508 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowedin3 View Post
    I think we (ATT) will maybe get a hybrid phone touch + keyboard maybe in Q3 according to my BB rep.. but then again it could be all speculation.
    Until something is released that is a major upgrade from my 9700 and backup device 9000, I'm stick with the 9700.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    21674e3f

Like i said.. could be all speculation. until you see it forsale on your carriers website.. its all speculation.
    - A bad day fishing beats a good day at work! -
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SLVR6 View Post
    If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale......

"If you believe that I got some MF ocean front property in Idaho for sale homie." - T.I.