CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T Free Wi-Fi?

I know when you have a Blackberry you get free AT&T wi-fi at AT&T hot-spot locations.

My question is can you log on with your laptop, or does the free wi-fi only apply to your phone?

I have AT&T home DSL and if I take my laptop out I can log on at hot-spots for free using my home number info. I was wondering if it's the same deal with the Blackberry plan.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    31C9B097

From my knowledge I don't think it would work that way. However, if it were possible, you would need to be tethering using the AT&T Communication Manager. The ACM is what communicates to the AT&T wi-fi hot spot to auto login.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,104 Global Posts

I don't think you can either. Having a home plan DSL, it could be possible. Have you called att? If this can be done with having att at home for PC, then I'm sure there is a work around for free hot spots for a laptop...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24A42F2B

how do you get on the free att wifi? I have a blackberry bold with a data plan.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24A26F8C

(this is just to my knowledge...I could be wrong)
    On the blackberry's AT&T's wifi is only available if you have a data plan (they block the feature if you don't have it).
    I'm pretty sure if you teether your BB it'll work, however att does charge for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

how would they block it for the people who have DSL with att and not a wireless phone? They, those with elite service pack, have free wifi as well. Your reasoning must be flawed...