Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Switch between iPhone and Curve

I had a T-Mobile 8320. I then got an iPhone 3G last july. (I wish my patience would have endured and I waited for the Bold). Anyway, I want to use my old curve again on AT&T. Getting a free unlock code is no problem. However, would AT&T let me switch back and forth month to month between plans. Like lets say for 2 months I have my blackberry and a blackberry plan, then one month iphone and iphone plan...you get the picture? ANy one know? Anyone want to trade an iPhone eG 16GB for a Bold?
    CrackBerry Addict

You can change your plan at any time without extending your contract. That's my experience anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Get a bis plan for the curve and just swap that sim card back and forth. The iphone will work the same just won't be able to use visual voicemail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,104 Global Posts

The only problem I see here is the activation charges you will get from activating and deactivating your blackberry. It's like $35!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    PIN
    it to the floor!

There is no activating fee, its just a feature on the account and could be changed any time you want. There are too problems though, 1) Each phone has it's own data plan for all the features on the phone to work right. 2) Even though the phone part and most of the data will work when swapping the SIM back and forth, what happens a lot of the times is a back end system gets confused and gets stuck on thinking you have a iPhone. Since iPhones don't use MEdia net or MMS it shuts that down even when your using the BlackBerry. It's not a hard fix but it has to go through a lot of channels to get done. I'm in tier 2 and can see the problem and even been trained on how to fix it but we don't have a login to the program that lets you fix it so we have to get tier 3 on the line just to fix a MMS problem from swapping SIM's between an iPhone and any other phone that uses MEdia net.
    Life motto’s
    Drive Hard, Dream Big
    &
    Fake it 'till you make it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Redneckbutlerboy View Post
    There is no activating fee, its just a feature on the account and could be changed any time you want. There are too problems though, 1) Each phone has it's own data plan for all the features on the phone to work right. 2) Even though the phone part and most of the data will work when swapping the SIM back and forth, what happens a lot of the times is a back end system gets confused and gets stuck on thinking you have a iPhone. Since iPhones don't use MEdia net or MMS it shuts that down even when your using the BlackBerry. It's not a hard fix but it has to go through a lot of channels to get done. I'm in tier 2 and can see the problem and even been trained on how to fix it but we don't have a login to the program that lets you fix it so we have to get tier 3 on the line just to fix a MMS problem from swapping SIM's between an iPhone and any other phone that uses MEdia net.
    LOL, I guess I'll be calling tech support in the morning cause this explains what happend to me today. I stuck my SIM in my iPhone to show a friend the browser and ever since my MMS and MediaNet/CellularVideo has been on the fritz.