Strange email push latency problem
I have many email addresses defined to my BB 9700.
Recently, my BB has been having issues with my main work email address.
I did many tests to measure the latency. Yesterday, at 12:09p, I sent a single email to 3 accounts hosted at goDaddy and to my account at att.blackberry.net (as a control):
- Account at att.blackberry.net received it within seconds
- goDaddy Account #1 received it within seconds
- goDaddy Account #2 received it within seconds
- goDaddy Account #3 received it @ 3:25a. This is my main work email account. More than 15 hours is clearly unacceptable. Sometimes emails are delayed 3 hours, sometimes 4h, sometimes 9h, this case 15h and sometimes they never arrive. Remember, this account too used to work within seconds.
I checked the definitions at goDaddy, on the BB and via the old BIS website and all 4 seems to be defined exactly the same. Any ideas?
- 09-17-2011, 04:45 AM #2
ive noticed it too lately. i was getting emails delayed, sometimes hours. you can tell it was a delay because more than one will come in at a time all of a sudden. no idea for a fix.Apple iPhone 5 - iOS 6
My CB feedback!!
How To: Fix your 9700/9780 keypad stutter (with pics)
- CrackBerry Abuser
09-17-2011, 04:53 AM #3
- 355 Posts
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Well Email latency occurs due to either data transmission speed on the device or on the server, you have tested your device as other email accounts work fine. Now as you mentioned you have also checked the settings on the device. It seems that this is happening from the server end, if there is a huge amount of data being transmitted at a given time this would create email latency issues. I recommend you check this at a time when there is very less likely to be a huge amount of emails coming back and forth and see if this works out any better. As far as I can say it's not a device issue apparently firstly we will start off with the server end and then move towards the device.Warm Regards
If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or email@example.com)
"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"
@mobibiz Before my initial post, I did this test three different times, at three different times of the day. It's very consistent (seconds vs hours).
I checked with GoDaddy and for account#3, they report that the email hit the webmail server within seconds, so they believe it's a carrier (AT&T) problem...
So I spent the whole morning with goDaddy then AT&T then RIM (BlackBerry).
We tried everything: deleting Service Books and resending; deleting the email account and re-adding (once thru the BIS website and a second time from the BB); and many other things BB tried in the background. Mike @ RIM was fantastic and tried everything. When all else failed, Mike read the the fora and found a similar case and suggested I:
- Delete the account from the BB
- Pull the Battery
- Delete the account from GoDaddy
- Wait a bit
- Re-add the account at GoDaddy
- Put the battery back in
- Re-add the account on the BB
Well, what do you know that worked!!!