Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Service books

hello
    how do i get service book for browser on 9630, i have 8310 and purchased an unlocked 9630, my provider is at&t, i dont have password as this is a work provided service
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

Since you mentioned it's a work device, I'm guessing that the device is activted on your company BES. If it's BES you may be able to go into the BES right click on your name in the user list, and hit resend service books.

If you're on BIS, you just log into your BIS account with your user name and password, connect the device and on the left side you should see a colum that has an option to send service books to that device.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

SORRY, being new at this what is BES
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyzz1 View Post
    SORRY, being new at this what is BES
    No prblem. BIS is the BlackBerry Internet Service and is what is used to configure your personal email so that you can send and receive email from your handheld device. This is what you use for personal devices and personal email service. To sign up for BIS, google your carrier's BIS page and log in or create a new account, connect the device and it will recognize the device by it's PIN. From there you can set up the email accounts and have the option to send service books to the device.

BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server and is used for the same as noted above with the exception that it is configured for work email usually on company provided devices. Each company that uses BES typically has at least one person that is the administrator of the BES for the company. They configure the IT policy that will be applied once activated on the BES. In order to get the device activated on the BES, you go the BES activation screen on your device, type in your company email address and an activation password that is provided the administrator of your company's BES, click activate and it will synchronize according to the settings configured by the BES admin.

Now if you just need service books for an AT&T device use this link. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DawgMan; 12-07-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    joeyzz1 (12-07-2010),  mlengel81 (12-21-2010)