Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Removing a Device from a BIS account

I recently purchased a used Curve and unfortunately the previous owner did not cancel the BIS account for it and I am unable to log in and create one for myself. (I have gmail and am really tired of receiving the sent mail!) Any advice on how to go about cancelling the account for him and setting up my own?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

I suggest you call your carrier's customer service department to have the IMEI # registry cleared and reset with your BIS account information. This includes a reset of the device's PIN # via Blackberry tool.
    Last edited by cutdacheck2003; 03-07-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling error
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    282555C3

Quote Originally Posted by pinklion99 View Post
    I recently purchased a used Curve and unfortunately the previous owner did not cancel the BIS account for it and I am unable to log in and create one for myself. (I have gmail and am really tired of receiving the sent mail!) Any advice on how to go about cancelling the account for him and setting up my own?

Thanks!
    If you PM me your PIN and IMEI I can clear it out for ya and set you up a new one.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile Same Problem

I am having the same problem, and would like to get some help as well. I bought a blackberry 8820.Thank You
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Me Too

I'm having the same issue as well. I would like to keep my BB valid and legal. If we get a new IMEI number and PIN is that still the case?
    CrackBerry User

You can't get new IMEI or PIN's. You just have to remove them from whatever provider the previous user had.
    CrackBerry Newbie

That's what I thought. I'm going to try and contact RIM to see if they can help me out with this. The previous owner's provider (tMobile) isn't being ultra helpful.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BIS Account locked

Quote Originally Posted by Veerals05 View Post
    If you PM me your PIN and IMEI I can clear it out for ya and set you up a new one.
    Im having the same problem and i dont know what the previous provider was, can you help me out?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    PIN
    20F1B23C

You should be able to do it from the options on the device & BBM
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry bold 9650 helppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Veerals05 View Post
    hey, im new to all this and i have the same problem, i want to clear this and put my own info in it to work. my internet service aint working can you help me out ?;
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Ergh....

Don't give anyone here your PIN or IMEI.

Look, the tier 2 department of most any carrier can tell you where your BlackBerry is registered. They have to use the provisioning tool instead of the administration tool. With that information acquired, you can then have the carrier your BB is under zero out the PIN and IMEI on any abandoned BIS account, freeing your phone up for use anywhere else.