CrackBerry User

PIN
    27E66F96
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Re-brand BB 8800

Is there any way to re-brand the Blackberry 8800 OS from Cingular to AT&T ? I know how to wipe the BB using jvl_cmdr and load the new OS using Desktop Manager. I still get the old Cingular splash-screen and cingular shut-down screen. The AT&T logo with the AT&T carrier name appears on the main screen. I want to rid the phone of Cingular. Any advice?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

rebranding a device is a pretty tricky process that can render a handset useless if done improperly. the devices branding is encoded in a file called a VSM, some or most of which can be located online. the software needed to load these files were leaked onto the internet, which were intended to be used by RIM engineering staff only. there are directions on the internet on how to unbrand/re-brand blackberrys, so you are gonna have to google the needed items and directions. unbranding, although not illegal by any means, is frowned upon in here due to the "pirated software" needed to perform the process. i dont think its a huge deal and have done the process numerous times, but cant really get into it due to the restrictions of the forum. i also dont know what VSM file you need, since there are many and i dont know which specific one you would need for your device.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27E66F96
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks !! Sounds like it's not worth the bother. The phone operates just fine so no reason to "fix it if it ain't broke".
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

If a phone has att or verizon or tmobile or sprint logos all over it, then in one way or another, it's broken...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave_sz View Post
    If a phone has att or verizon or tmobile or sprint logos all over it, then in one way or another, it's broken...
    then i assume you have an unbranded 8310? i branded my 9000 and 8310 as engineering units.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27E66F96
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    then i assume you have an unbranded 8310? i branded my 9000 and 8310 as engineering units.
    OP here.. I don't mind that my phone is branded. I just want the AT&T brand and not the now defunct Cingular brand.