Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tapioca770
  1. esg2145's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default New BB now or wait?

    Stuck on AT&T due to home/family situation, want to RETURN to BB from a Android. Love the operating system (Android that is) HATE touchscreen phone vs real BB keyboard (previously had BB ).

    Don't like the 9360 Curve so much but could live with it, don't want to pay $200 for 9900 Bold w/ BB10 around the corner after first of the year. Also don't want to run right out and buy BB10 when it hits (plus ONLY want traditional /non-touch screen only BB), much less pay the high price BB10 will be once out. What to do?

    Wait to see if 9900 Bold drops once BB10 hits after first of they year? Or go ahead now and get 9360 Curve as it is cheap ($30) and still available in case it goes away when BB10 hits?

    I know traditionally the "old gen" or older model BBs drop way down like the 9360 is when the new ones hit, but no telling what BB is going to do or if even still exist come Jan 2013?

    Do NOT want or have $200 to spend on new BB now (or will come Jan 2013 either).

    Anyone know anything / have any info on AT&T's plans come when BB10 hits Jan 2013 ??


    Thanks -

    Eric
  2. Tim-ANC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    814 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default New BB now or wait?

    Check craigslist. You might be able to find a Bold 9700 cheap to keep you sated until the future gives you better options.

    I don't know what AT&T's plans are for BB10, but they will lose mine and my family's business if they don't offer as soon as possible.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

    Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
  3. DocDRM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,654 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!
    #3  

    Default

    OP - like Tim said, consider buying used 7.x device ebay, craigslist, or even here on CrackBerry. Will get you back in a Berry for now,and allow you to be off-contract so you can decide on a new 9900 or BB10 down the road - AND you'll have a good backup Berry to boot.
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
  4. tapioca770's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default New BB now or wait?

    you have to wait until march for att z10 and longer for q10. but worth the wait

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
  5. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,765 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,020 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #5  

    Default

    Yup, I'd find a decent used until BB Q 10 is available. Don't burn an upgrade on the legacy system, especially at this late date. Maybe you could arrange a trade, even. My daughter does this whenever she gets the phone urge.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!

Similar Threads

  1. Do I buy a Tour now? Or wait for the new one?
    By ilovemileyyy in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 11:29 AM
  2. Do I buy a Tour now? Or wait for the new one?
    By ilovemileyyy in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 08:06 PM
  3. buy blackberry bold now or wait for da new one?
    By haseeb in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
  4. BB Tour now or wait for wifi?
    By jams1021 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
  5. New Blackberry Buyer - Should I get a Bold now or wait?
    By camilusss in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions