Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default leaving country and getting what I want

Im leaving the country to go back living in France, if I sign up with ATT for a phone and get a contract, then go to France. What happens?

Also, if I have 3 lines and my contract ended on two of them, and ends on the third one in 5 months. IS there anything I can say to ATT, that will persuade them to either lower my bill or give me a free smartphone upgrade perhaps, or a really cheap one, like on a blackberry?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

why would you purposely extend your contract if you know you're leaving?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Think of that post, as two different topics, in one.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Android Andy.

Uh what will happen is while you're in France using your AT&T SIM card, you'll be paying roaming out the ***.

And there's no magic "give me free/discounted stuff" word for service providers. Call them and make your case, either they give you a discount or they don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    231EA1E4

If i were you i would just get a Blackberry tariff in France, you will pay very expensive roaming charges to use a foreign sim card whilst back home
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

Nothing you can do will flip a magic switch to lower your bill, you pay what anyone else would pay. As far as a phone, retentions can do that on a case by case basis but dont get your hopes up.