Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Iphone 4 question

My girlfriend has a "regular" cell phone for her home phone, without a data plan. I am going to use her upgrade for the Iphone 4. I asked a rep in the store about this and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Will this be a problem seeing you have to have a data plan for it? I currently have a data package for my bb. Next question....if it isn't a problem can she preorder it and then I can activate it through itunes on my account? Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

If her line does not have data, you will HAVE TO sign up for the newly-announced data plan when upgrading to a smartphone. So, at the end of the day, you will have a data plan on her line and one on your BB line.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Just return to the old phone and call AT&T saying that you changed the phone and you don't need the dataplan any longer... They might ask for the IMEI, but should work.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I spoke with a CSR rep and they informed me all she would have to do is activate it and then I have to call and give them the Imei number and switch it over to my number and cancel the data plan on the other line.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Consumerists are a giant pain.

It will take about 12 minutes to properly change everything over. Have her BACK UP HER CONTACTS TO HER PHONE before you upgrade, because her SIM card WILL be killed in the process. Then you take the SIM card out of the iPhone AFTER you activate it in iTunes, put it in her phone, put your SIM card into the iPhone, and have customer care switch the IMEI numbers and features.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    4,229 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOHICA

Not as simple as a sim card swap bc new iPhone uses microsim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

i actually did this and it really was no problem
    i took my dads upgrade and upgraded to an iphone 4
    i successfully upgraded without an hassle thanks to the att reps
    thought it took a long time since i was doing this on the 28th of june