Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do YOU feel about ATT?

This is a thread for Playbook users and others to let ATT know how we feel about their company. There will be trolling here so beware. I just ask that you share your feelings in a mature and respecful..... oh who am I kidding THEY SUCK!

Lets let them know how we feel about them. This will keep the other threads from filling with trolls...

So, how do you feel?
    Last edited by whackamac; 07-02-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

will be shopping my company's cell plan tuesday! i should of went for quotes last year but now they are a;!holes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am Canadian so (hopefully) I will never have to deal with them. From what i have seen from all of you and the news articles that I have read, they are nothing but a HUGE RIPOFF.

Seems like the best option is to switch to Verizon everyone, so get to it!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    15,100 Global Posts

I have a family member who has AT&T and this is how the conversation goes almost every time I receive a call from them...."hello, hello....can you hear me, hello, hello...oh hi how are you.....hello, hello", Glad I don't have them for my service. SAD....VERY SAD
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

I hate them and they can suck a rag. And I'm not even a hater.
    CrackBerry Genius

I already stated my opinion clearly and said everybody on at&t should bail.
    And staying for the torch ? not worth it.

At $20/month you will pay more to stay on a two year contract than paying the penalty to break it and go to another carrier.

F*** you AT&T you sorry pieces of s**t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Send Again likes this.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I have a family member who has AT&T and this is how the conversation goes almost every time I receive a call from them...."hello, hello....can you hear me, hello, hello...oh hi how are you.....hello, hello", Glad I don't have them for my service. SAD....VERY SAD
    Very possibly that is their phone, but ATT still sucks rags. What kind of phone though just to satisfy my curiosity?

I am on ATT with a BOLD the sound quality varies depending on who is calling so I figure its the phone or bluetooth or environment - (weak signal strength)

But the dropped calls... the fact that they want to milk us for Bridging... F them.

Cant wait til they are not iphone exclusive and cant get BOLD Touch or Torch 2, maybe they will be a little more humble customer oriented.

Global Posts
    5,595 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Well I will not comment on this topic as I am not an ATT customer. I just wish they would include tethering in all plans and charge for the data used whether it be from the device itself or from tethering. Like I said before, $20.00 for the first 1 gig, then $10.00 per additional gig rounded up to the next gig. Get the best from all worlds.

Actually, I just added the initial gig portion.
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

I've always been curious do Verizon users always walk around saying "can you hear me now?"

Global Posts
    15,100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack93117 View Post
    Very possibly that is their phone, but ATT still sucks rags. What kind of phone though just to satisfy my curiosity?

I am on ATT with a BOLD the sound quality varies depending on who is calling so I figure its the phone or bluetooth or environment - (weak signal strength)

But the dropped calls... the fact that they want to milk us for Bridging... F them.

Cant wait til they are not iphone exclusive and cant get BOLD Touch or Torch 2, maybe they will be a little more humble customer oriented.
    It either a 8500 or 9300 series (one of the curves)....I'm almost sure its not the phone, but that penny pinching, non-customer friendly of a carrier
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

It either a 8500 or 9300 series (one of the curves)....I'm almost sure its not the phone, but that penny pinching, non-customer friendly of a carrier
    I also have trouble hearing a friend that owns a Curve - we are both on ATT.
    Wondering if its the curve...sounds muffled like there is a handkerchief over the microphone, or like not talking directly into the mic
    I'm wondering if he holds it with his hand over the mic or something...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-01-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Global Posts
    15,100 Global Posts

I also have trouble hearing a friend that owns a Curve - we are both on ATT.
    Wondering if its the curve...sounds muffled like there is a handkerchief over the microphone, or like not talking directly into the mic
    I'm wondering if he holds it with his hand over the mic or something...
    I'm sure he knows how to use a phone , but I will ask him tomorrow and get back with my findings ....I'm almost sure its not the phone but the carrier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    occhio

I work for a large delivery company and I deliver many packages from at&t. Many of these packages do not have complete addresses on them. My company has a feature called an Address Correction Fee. If the address is not correct, I can input for that shipper to pay an Address Correction Fee. I believe the fee is $7.50 or $10. I usually don't do it unless the address is very wrong, but in at&t's case....

Let's just say, at&t had better start using absolutely flawless addresses.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I think they had the same problem with ATT and the iPhones too. I think they blamed it on network saturation at the time.

ATT has been fail for a long time now imo, I think it was just the iPhone exclusivity that was keeping them alive. That is no longer the case.

Now they practice Apple's greedy ways...

I just hope Verizon does the right thing and lets us keep on keepin on. They will gain customers at ATT's expense if they do. And that would be good for BB sales too with the bridge perk.

Global Posts
    7,234 Global Posts

I'm thinking of switching from Sprint to T-mobile, but hoping that the merger doesn't go through. I hear nothing good about AT&T and the Playbook bridge thing is ridiculous. You are paying for X GB of data from your phone per month, you should be allow to bridge/tether/hotspot that to whatever you want. No other carrier in the world is charging for Bridge browsing. I need to convert over to GSM because I do so much international travel and I'm sick of limited world phone Blackberry selection from CDMA providers and the fact that CDMA carriers haven't been upgrading the networks to support data and voice at same time (EVDO Rev B). This leaves me with T-Mobile. Hopefully FCC or Justice blocks this. They broke up that monopoly in the 80's because they were evil, Bell (Verizon) too, and they've just been letting both of them put the pieces back together ever since. I don't think that either AT&T or Verizon should be allowed to buy any more companies because they will just start screwing people over like they did pre-80's.
    Thanked by:
    LuisCast (10-14-2011) 
    LuisCast likes this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,353 Global Posts

I've never had them and even before the playbook thing my opinion of them has always been they s u c k.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts

I've always been curious do Verizon users always walk around saying "can you hear me now?"
    I just switched from sprint to att and the service/call quality is Night and Day difference! Its so nice not worrying about dropped calls and the data being slowwww! Ohh and no more worrying about my airave being within range! Att has been great so far!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

I've been an AT&T user since long before it was even AT&T. I took a short lived trip over to Verizon about 10 years ago and found at that time the Verizon network in the NW had a lot more holes then AT&T and Verizon's customer service stunk.

Much has changed since then. Without going into the details, I feel AT&T's service is deteriorating, the attitude of the employes is getting worse, and decisions they are making are arrogant at best.

I've always been an early adapter and purchased the Playbook with great excitement. The latest announcement regarding AT&T and the Blackberry Bridge is the last straw. I'm running an OTA version of the bridge right now and it continues to work for me so I'm not in a huge rush to jump ship but jump I will. We have 4 phones with AT&T, and the contract has lapsed on all of them so I'm going to spend the next few weeks deciding which Verizon phones make the most sense and them I'm done with AT&T. They can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
    Thanked by 2:
    LuisCast (10-14-2011),  Mecca EL (01-10-2012) 
    Mecca EL and LuisCast like this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

I have no opinion. I have not needed customer support for anything other than back-end fixes, I have never had an unexpectedly high bill, I've never been suspended, I've never been late with a payment, and I get service everywhere there's cellular service to be had with any company. My travel radius is in the hundreds of miles. I get full signal fidelity in my house.

My brother has Sprint, and he has no complaints either.

Fun fact: if you're belligerent and profane with Verizon customer service, they're allowed to hang up on you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whackamac View Post
    I think they had the same problem with ATT and the iPhones too. I think they blamed it on network saturation at the time.

ATT has been fail for a long time now imo, I think it was just the iPhone exclusivity that was keeping them alive. That is no longer the case.

Now they practice Apple's greedy ways...

I just hope Verizon does the right thing and lets us keep on keepin on. They will gain customers at ATT's expense if they do. And that would be good for BB sales too with the bridge perk.
    Apple at least has a product that works very well.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I switched to AT&T from sprint and it's been great so far. I had an android phone first, and for some reason I was experiencing a lot of dropped calls. Then I sold my android and switched to blackberry for a while. Let me tell you that a blackberry with AT&T gets excellent service compared to sprint. My old blackberry tour barely got a signal with sprint and phone calls sounded muffled.

Finally, I went from blackberry to the iPhone until the new bold comes out. So far the iPhone is a decent device, no issues yet.
    cruzie81 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I have no issues with my service with AT&T. Occasionally my data slows down, but that happens to people who uses a smartphone every so often regardless of carrier.

I've never been someone who uses customer service so it's hard for me to really gauge how good or bad AT&T's is in comparison to other companies, but I will say this: the one time I had to call cs due to an upgrade mess-up it was a fracking nightmare! Literally hours wasted talking to people who couldn't help me, being transferred to more people who couldn't help, 60 minutes hold times (yes, times!), and a number disconnected calls/hangups. If I hadn't already paid for the upgrade (an iPhone) and locked myself into another 2 year contract with a $350 etf, without every actually receiving an iPhone, I would have just canceled my service.

Like I said, I don't really have much to compare AT&T's customer service experience with, but the only way I feel like it could have been worse is if they just came out and said, "F off, dude."

Now that it's resolved I'm a happy camper again. At least until my next upgrade anyway.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

The reason why your calls may have dropped so often is because you were calling from the iPhone. I swear that's all those things are built to do. So much for "it just works".

I can't wait until the iPhone 7 launches with two new and innovative features: a user-replaceable battery and several other features phones made in 2005 had!
    Slammers08 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24F285A2

I switched to AT&T from Verizon in August of 2008 to get the iPhone 3G. AT&T's service was adequate. I would have dropped calls on occasion. More frequently than I would prefer, but it wasn't a huge issue. I remember getting frustrated at the audio on my calls sounding terrible. Like someone spiked the mid-range and made it sound muddy.
    In August of 2009 I got into a Bold 9000 and a few months later upon release, the 9700. NIGHT AND DAY. My dropped calls stopped immediately, and audio quality was improved. I mostly use my phone on the central coast of California, and I often travel all throughout the state between LA and SF, and I have always had a solid signal and reliability (except when I would pop my sim back into the iphone for a day, but that's expected with that device).
    I now use a Torch, and occasionally a Nokia E72 (unlocked straight from Nokia) and still receive excellent service. And there have been many improvements in my area over the past 8 months. I also have received excellent customer service when calling in, the...I'd say....4 times I've called in. I have been very happy with my experience compared to my Verizon days (nightmares).

I think overall my 9700 was the most solid blackberry. The Nokia is a BEAST. Always gets a stronger reception and CRYSTAL CLEAR call quality. Love that device. There's a rural area out here where AT&T is the only one available and *can* be spotty, but on that E72 it's golden (compared to my iPhone friends pissed they can't facebook) At this point, I don't think I'd ever recommend an iPhone to anyone I know unless they're apple superfreaks :P
    Some friends of mine have also had great reception experiences with the Samsung Infuse.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

I had ATT and it was a dreadful experience! The percentage of dropped calls and data outages I had was around 30%. Plus, it did not help that I was paying $130 a month. I actually lost some money in my business because of ATT :-(

Fortunately, my friend referred me to Virgin Mobile USA, and since I have joined, I have been extremely happy and satisfied with their service! The calls, texting and data services are not only more than affordable, but also quick, dependable and reliable! Also, because there is no contract, I can switch plans each month to suit my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast