Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Getting Torch 9800 Without Calling Minutes possible?

See the question.

I'm deaf so I'm only interested in data and messaging plans.

Something like a plan from Sprint that offers 30 dollars per month messaging/data plan with no calling minutes. Google "Sprint Relay Data Plan" to find it, first or second result.

Possible from ATT?

I'm thinking that I may have to go in an ATT store and talk with the manager. Perhaps I may have to buy a Torch without a contract.

Anyway.. anyone done this before?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

I would go directly to an AT&T store. Since you have a legitimate disability, I truly hope that they can help accommodate you with a plan that will suit your needs. If they cannot accommodate you, then shame on them.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

That's what I'm planning to. I'm just hoping to find someone that may have experience in this particular situation.

Thanks through - I'm also hoping ATT will be able to do this!

EDIT:
    A friend just told me about 'TAP.' It's basically a data-only plan! (Text Accessibility Plan (TAP))

It has what I need! It will be a bit of a pain in the *** getting that but it's worth it!

Consider this question closed, I guess! Thanks
    Last edited by Graham110; 08-12-2010 at 11:19 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

As long as you can prove you're deaf, shouldn't be hard, any corporate store can do this for you.
    I've sipped many different Kool-Aid's...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Ive actually spoken to reps about the same question. I currently have verizon and want to switch to AT&T because I like the phones that they offer better than Verizon. I dont like the phone service though. Their Data is great but I hear way too many bad things about dropped calls, no service etc.. So I was thinking about going for the torch but keeping a dumb phone with verizon. I was told that you still get a phone # assigned and can make calls in an emergency but the will be billed sort of like a prepaid phone. you pay per minute. The rate is high. I think I was told about 75 cents a minute or something like that. But doing it that way, you can have a data plan.