Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default FAN accounts, help please

Okay so I'm in college, and my university email get's me discounts of 18% on my voice plans and a few data plans... I already have 2 lines on that FAN account.

I want to add another lind (3rd line). I'm thinking of buying the Bold 9700. If I buy it from ATT directly, I get the FAN discount but I pay 175$ for the phone initially on a 1 yr contract.

However, if I go thru letstalk.com, I get the phone for free but not discount.

Can I buy the phone and line from letstalk.com, and then call ATT and ask them to add my line to my FAN account, this way I'll get the phone for free plus I'
    ll get the monthly discounts, and hopefully a 1 yr contract.

Anyone know if that's possible?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

Your FAN# is tied to your AT&T account/phone#. I got my 2 9700s free through CrackBerry.com (not letstalk, but another 3rd-party retailer), as an upgrade of my existing plan, and my FAN discount continued to apply to it without issue.

If you are adding another line to the same account, I don't see why it wouldn't get the FAN discount. Are you using a Family plan?
    Member# 4563
    Be a CrackBerry Commando!
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    Forum Rules and Policies - Posting Guidelines
    :: BlackBerry FAQ
    ALT + left cap = NUMLOCK : ALT + right cap = CAPSLOCK
    Follow me on Twitter. I triple-dog-dare ya!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rrrebo View Post
    Your FAN# is tied to your AT&T account/phone#. I got my 2 9700s free through CrackBerry.com (not letstalk, but another 3rd-party retailer), as an upgrade of my existing plan, and my FAN discount continued to apply to it without issue.

If you are adding another line to the same account, I don't see why it wouldn't get the FAN discount. Are you using a Family plan?
    Yes, I have a family plan with two lines, I'm trying to add a 3rd line.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can buy the phone where ever you want to and the discount applies to the new line as well. For example I have the 700 Family plan and 1 wireless data card. I get the FAN discount off all five lines and the data card. I've bought the phones from Amazon, Let's Talk and BestBuy and still get the discount. What I've found are the phones, data cards and Netbooks are more $$ through AT&T direct hands down. BestBuy was the only one to give me any grief and wanted a paystub showing I was still employed to get the FAN discount. What I've noticed through Amazon, Let's Talk and few other on-line places is you may have to change your plan. Let's Talked claimed they don't offer the family plan 700 and just the 1400 plan. That may be an AT&T driven thing or just another way to tap your wallet for more money? I've had the 700 minute plan now for a while and have never had an issue going over. My kids text and spend about 15 minutes tops on cell time. So the plan works for me. Others may find it hard to keep under the 700 minutes with 5 lines.