Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Data Plans

I was wondering why AT&T doesn't offer some type of discount or bundle service for those with blackberries. I am the account holder on the family talk plan with three other lines (four lines total) and of those four, three of us have blackberries! I feel that paying 30 dollars a month (90 dollars total) for the blackberry data plan for each line is a bit much if AT&T will make you have a data plan period if you have a smartphone or PDA. Why won't AT&T come out with a plan/service for those with multiple lines using multiple data plans?

THAT'S ONE
    ~FINEAZZBLCKWOMN~
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    STRIPES

Who else offers this data bundle plan?
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by chynnamann View Post
    Who else offers this data bundle plan?
    TMo has a few blackberry plans, but they look like its for individual phones.

BlackBerry Packages

You can get the web for $24.99... if you don't need unlimited texting, though, so that might save some people some money.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOHICA

Quote Originally Posted by FINEAZZBLCKWOMN View Post
    I was wondering why AT&T doesn't offer some type of discount or bundle service for those with blackberries. I am the account holder on the family talk plan with three other lines (four lines total) and of those four, three of us have blackberries! I feel that paying 30 dollars a month (90 dollars total) for the blackberry data plan for each line is a bit much if AT&T will make you have a data plan period if you have a smartphone or PDA. Why won't AT&T come out with a plan/service for those with multiple lines using multiple data plans?
    Easy, b/c the $30 for the data plan not only gives u unlimited data but access to RIM's servers. So until they can make an agreement with Rim, that won't change. But I do agree with u, $30 per line is a bit much if u have mulitple BB's on ur acct. Try to add a FAN to ur acct so that the discount can help offset the cost a bit. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Easy, b/c the $30 for the data plan not only gives u unlimited data but access to RIM's servers. So until they can make an agreement with Rim, that won't change. But I do agree with u, $30 per line is a bit much if u have mulitple BB's on ur acct. Try to add a FAN to ur acct so that the discount can help offset the cost a bit. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your help, the answer you gave makes sense. I wondered if that could be the reason but wasn't sure. I do have FAN on my account. I get a very nice discount through my employer. Just thought I would ask anyway.
    Last edited by FINEAZZBLCKWOMN; 09-25-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: misspelling

THAT'S ONE
    ~FINEAZZBLCKWOMN~
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    PIN
    20F1B23C

I think AT&T should do a family data for all smart phones except the Iphone bc thats not going to happen. Making the smart phone data 20 a line would be cool & may cause ppl to get more smart phones.