Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2160E499 I want more friends
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BIS not working on mobile network, but does work through wifi (9700)

AT&T Bold 9700 running .442 (so I'd have to wipe and downgrade to .405 before going to the store) I've talked to three tech support reps so far no help there.

Through wifi I am getting emails, bbm, all browsers work, etc. ALL DATA WORKS.

Through mobile network alone, no BIS data works. No email, no bbm, regular browser and bolt won't load, but AT&T media net and opera mini 5 DO load. All third party apps set to TCP/IP also work. 3G shows, BB logo shows, full signal, services status show everything on.

Have tried multiple battery pulls, re-registration through host routing (message: successful), resending service books, (which I am only able to do over wifi but it changes nothing) and various combinations of all of the above.

This problem just started today.
    The only change I have made was the addition of podtrapper 2 days ago, I mentioned to tech support that I have been using a large amount of data but they say my account doesn't show any restrictions. I asked about provisions, (I don't know what those are but it's the only new word a forum search turned up) They said my provisions are normal.

Everything looks like it should work but it just doesn't. I think I have given all the details I can think of. Does this sound like something any of the experts here can pinpoint? (I'm really not in the mood to downgrade just to upgrade again after something that I believe is not my phone is fixed)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    PIN
    buy one, get one free.

i'm having the exact same problem! i just got off the phone with at&t & i was told to pull my battery. (sorry but i already knew that, that's the first thing most blackberry users do when their phone messes up!)

i hope someone can answer this question! i'm relieved to see that it isn't just my phone doing this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin ain't easy...

Same problem here with my Blackberry and my wife's iPhone. Sound like an AT&T network thing as opposed to a RIM issue.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I will call tech support later today with a different phone and ask them to reset my account. Will post back if it works.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    PIN
    buy one, get one free.

i went to at&t & they changed out my sim card, that fixed my problem. i think that's weird though, especially since i was having the same problems as you boobah. let me know how yours gets fixed!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I think I will try that if it worked for you.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

This has been fixed for me now. If you were having this problem as well, try a battery pull. I am VERY relieved that I won't need to swap down for that refurb.

The problem was somewhere on RIM's end and only affected some of us. I'm happy to be back up and running.

Good times.

CrackBerry Newbie

i had the same problem with my device 8520 nothing of the bis seems to work but only through wifi it works. this problem is with me for 2 months where i had to deactivate my bis service (since i am paying but not using the service).
    i had been using bis for a year 2 months ago from nowhere it stoped.
    plz if any1 can help with what to do? i did everything i updated my deivce then wiped it and reinstalled the newest os but nothing seems to work