Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone use AT&T roadside assistance?

Do any of you subscribe to AT&T roadside assistance? If you've used it, how is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

i have it, have never used it.
    Here is the website's summary:

A quick toll-free call provides 24/7 service, convenience, and reliability.

Services include:

Towing (for mechanical failures)
    Battery service/jump start
    Flat tire assistance
    Out-of-gas fuel delivery (up to three gallons, gas or diesel)
    Lockout assistance
    Key replacement
    Bonus Hertz rental car savings
    Only $2.99 per month and new subscribers get their first 30 days free. No long-term contract required; you may cancel at anytime by contacting AT&T Customer Service. To avoid the $2.99 monthly charge, you must cancel the feature within the first 30 days. The AT&T Roadside Assistance feature must be active for at least 72 hours to be eligible to utilize the AT&T Roadside Assistance program

Your coverage is effective 72 hours after enrollment. Includes up to four service events per year with a maximum benefit of $50.00 per event, per enrolled wireless phone. You will receive an AT&T Roadside Assistance Welcome Kit after enrollment that contains the program's full terms and conditions. Services are provided by Asurion Roadside Assistance Services, Inc., a licensed motor club.

For service call (877) 263-2600 or dial *HELP

I'd say having the number is important, as it is not the same as CS. You can also print off member cards from the AT&T website
    Thanked by:
    gmz73 (12-12-2010) 
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks. I am debating whether to renew AAA or drop AAA and get AT&T roadside assistance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

just so you know, i think one of the terms is that you *MUST* be on the road, not in a ditch somewhere...
    then you're sol
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by edavies19 View Post
    just so you know, i think one of the terms is that you *MUST* be on the road, not in a ditch somewhere...
    then you're sol
    Then, maybe AAA is better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

i would imagine it is
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    PIN
    has changed ask me

I called them once for flat tire change. The guy came out in his car not a company truck. Wierd but it worked. I was in the lot of my appartment if that matters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I decided to renew my AAA membership, so I will not be getting AT&T roadside assistance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

is it cheaper to have roadside or aaa?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinfony View Post
    is it cheaper to have roadside or aaa?
    AT&T's RSA program is cheaper.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

AAA Plus is $82/yr. They will tow your car out of a ditch, even using 2 tow trucks with a winch if need be.

AAA Basic is $49/yr. They cover 1 truck for extricating a car out of a ditch.

There is a $10 fee when one first joins.

Travel: Hotel Discounts, Car Rentals, and Vacation Packages - AAA

You also get the other benefits of AAA: use of their travel agency, hotel/restaurant/amusement park/movie ticket discounts, discounts at stores.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    AAA Plus is $82/yr. They will tow your car out of a ditch, even using 2 tow trucks with a winch if need be.

AAA Basic is $49/yr. They cover 1 truck for extricating a car out of a ditch.

There is a $10 fee when one first joins.

Travel: Hotel Discounts, Car Rentals, and Vacation Packages - AAA

You also get the other benefits of AAA: use of their travel agency, hotel/restaurant/amusement park/movie ticket discounts, discounts at stores.
    AAA now offers a discount for T-Mobile customers as well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I switched to the ATT service a few years ago because it was just easier to pay a couple of bucks a month rather than a lump sum annually. Well... I'm back with AAA now. ATT is fine if you never use it. OK a jumpstart is no big deal, its free, but towing is where the differences are huge. AAA does not charge for towing as long as you are within your distance limit for your plan, I think the basic plan is 3 miles. ATT has a fixed towing credit, $50. Well as it turns out, in these parts, it costs $50 just for the truck to come out, then it is a couple of bucks per mile. So you are always going to pay for towing even if you are across the street. My local tow companies charge a premium if the tow job originates from a freeway or is after 5pm. ATT is does not cover this, AAA does. ATT does not cover a tire change. I blew out a tire on the freeway and it cost me $80 just to have it changed to my spare. AAA will change it free. (And before you go calling me a wimp for not changing my own tire, it was the freeway and night and there really wasn't much of a sholder. Not work getting killed.) So as I said I'm back with AAA and have no problem telling everyone that ATT's road side service stinks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I use ATT Roadside Assistance.

I think you really cant compare AAA with ATT Roadside Assit. because in my eyes and if you check the facts they are two very different services. ATT's service is cheaper and good if your just worried about a breakdown or may need a tow...AAA covers a lot more and overall is far better protection.

Since I dont have AAA I just use ATT's service as a "just in case" which is why I think most people use it -- and I feel it should NOT be used to replace AAA.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Roadside assistance is meant to accompany your existing services. It's good for the stuff you don't want to use AAA or your insurance company for, especially if you have a limited number of events allowed.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

My friend needed flat tire assistance in his 1-ton Dodge pickup and the informed him that they will not assist with any flat tires on a vehicle exceeding 1/2 ton. Would have been nice to know since he payed for the service for about a year prior to needing it.
    Torch 9800, Bold 9700, Curve 8900
    CrackBerry Abuser

Too many restrictions as far as I'm concerned! I think you are limited on the amount of the tow reimbursement too as well as mileage. I've had AAA for years and would not change to save a few bucks. I also drive a 1/2 truck and they (ATT) won't touch it. Also I tow my toys around and they (ATT) won't touch that either. With AAA RV it covers me, the truck the trailer and the bike if needed.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

I have Roadside Assistance and plan on getting AAA in the New Year. I've had my car towed by then once in 3 years and another time i tried getting them to pull me out of a ditch, but since they don't do winching. So that was a fail. I like the peace of mind that comes with having them help me fix a flat tire or getting a jumpstart if I was somewhere I couldn't just call friends or family to come help me, since I'd be a little worried I'd pick a place that isn't exactly the best or most professional. Seems like AT&T (just like AAA) would pick places and companies that are a little more reliable than just randomly picking one. I've also heard they'd bring you gas if you run out and so on.
    Lovin' my BB since Dec '07
    8300 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9300 -> 9700 -> 9900
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seantm View Post
    My friend needed flat tire assistance in his 1-ton Dodge pickup and the informed him that they will not assist with any flat tires on a vehicle exceeding 1/2 ton. Would have been nice to know since he payed for the service for about a year prior to needing it.
    Who drives around in a 1-ton truck without the tools, know how, and want to change a tire? If I was that rep, I'd tell you to get a new vehicle or figure it out on your own (well, maybe not, but I'd laugh at you after I hung up)
    Lovin' my BB since Dec '07
    8300 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9300 -> 9700 -> 9900
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Que?

I have aaa plus for years and wouldn't trust at&t roadside service even if it was free!

at&t would kick you to tracks and leave you stranded like their wireless service!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had a road side assistance for one year. Yesterday I tried them for the first time and I make a call to them. But it was too late for a towing service. I thought like get any other truck towing service thus I can reach there within less time.
    CrackBerry Genius

I use OnStar instead. More features and reliability.

Posted via CB10
    BBM Channel: C00120B93
    CrackBerry User

That's weird, I use it all the time. I love it. It may be that the problem was with the tow company not wanting to take the call. They don't like taking calls from roadside assistance companies in general, from what I understand. If you were in a more rural area with less towing company options, I could see that happening. I've been using mine since it was Pacific Bell Wireless without a negative incident.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T! [/QUOTE]
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default AT&T Going down hill

I have had AT&T Roadside Assistance for many years and in the past have used them without any problems. Recently, my wife had a flat tire (and the jack would not work in the position she was in) and called AT&T. After a half hour she texted me and told me that they couldn't find her. I logged into iCloud and located her in less than 2 minutes. I called her and gave her the names of the nearest cross roads as well as a distance from the nearest town (only 7 miles). AT&T didn't think that was her location. They had her call 911 to ping her phone for verification, they still did not believe where she was because according to their system she was in a town 50 miles from her actual location. She walked over to a farm and read them the address from the mailbox, they still would not send help. She tried calling in again so she could get another representative, they still were certain that she was not where she claimed to be. The Sheriff arrived during this last call, so she gave him the phone and he verified the location, still nothing. Finally, the Sheriff called a tow truck which arrived about the time that they called back again. All in all, AT&T left my wife and 4 children stranded on the highway for over 2 hours and ultimately did nothing. We paid out of pocket for the towing company to come out and change the tire. I lodged a complaint with Roadside Assistance. They told my they would contact me within 5 business days - they didn't. At one time, I would have recommended AT&T Roadside Assistance, but not any more.
    Last edited by rayknerl; 04-04-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayknerl View Post
    I have had AT&T Roadside Assistance for many years and in the past have used them without any problems. Recently, my wife had a flat tire (and the jack would not work in the position she was in) and called AT&T. After a half hour she texted me and told me that they couldn't find her. I logged into iCloud and located her in less than 2 minutes. I called her and gave her the names of the nearest cross road as well as a distance from the nearest town (only 7 miles). AT&T didn't think that was her location. They had her call 911 to ping her phone for verification, they still did not believe where she was because according to their system she was in a town 50 miles from her actual location. She walked over to a farm and read them the address from the mailbox, they still would not send help. She tried calling in again so she could get another representative, they still were certain that she was not where she claimed to be. The Sheriff arrived during this last call, so she gave him the phone and he verified the location, still nothing. Finally, the Sheriff called a tow truck which arrived about the time that they called back again. All in all, they left my wife and 4 children stranded on the highway for over 2 hours and ultimately did nothing. We paid out of pocket for the towing company to come out and change the tire. I lodged a complaint with Roadside Assistance. They told my they would contact me within 5 business days - they didn't. At one time, I would have recommended AT&T Roadside Assistance, but not any more.
    WOW how did you keep a cool level head about the situation? I would have been banging at at&t's doors, that situation was not cool at all!

Posted via CB10
    Rockin' my Z10 and my Q10 as my backup, along with my PlayBook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast