CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone have a Bold 9650? Haveing an MMS problem

I have an unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9650 and am using my AT&T sim card. I tried to method for the Storm on this Bold, but MMS still doesnt work. Anyone have this downpacked? Or could help me out? Email and Internet works like a charm. Thanks

Nick
    From BlackBerry to Android and Back To BlackBerry. Thank you to the Bold 9930, which also brought me back on Verizon!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes I got the problem fixed. Do you still have the Bold? Let me know. Leave your email and Ill send you the directions.
    From BlackBerry to Android and Back To BlackBerry. Thank you to the Bold 9930, which also brought me back on Verizon!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    I have an unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9650 and am using my AT&T sim card. I tried to method for the Storm on this Bold, but MMS still doesnt work. Anyone have this downpacked? Or could help me out? Email and Internet works like a charm. Thanks

Nick
    I was thinking about getting the 9650 for use on AT&T...What are your impressions? Does it work perfectly with 3G? Have you been able to use voice and data simultaneously as you normally would? Would you suggest going with the 9650? Or just going with the 9700?
    Last edited by Simba501; 07-12-2010 at 12:59 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Yes I got the problem fixed. Do you still have the Bold? Let me know. Leave your email and Ill send you the directions.
    you should post the directions here so if anyone else has this issue, they are see the fix.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Isn't the fix simply "load AT&T's MMS service books onto the phone with the Application Loader"?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Iam using a blackberry bold 9650 unlocked from verizon, currently using it on AT&T, email , internet, sms everything works great except the MMS. I have tried to call AT&T to push the MMS related service books and all that, ditnt work. I dont have anything related to MMS onn myservice books list. Can you please helpe me out? Thanks you so much in advance.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simba501 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the 9650 for use on AT&T...What are your impressions? Does it work perfectly with 3G? Have you been able to use voice and data simultaneously as you normally would? Would you suggest going with the 9650? Or just going with the 9700?
    The Bold 9650 won't do 3G with At&t, only edge. I had it working for some time, then switched to a bold 9700. Everything worked just fine, except MMS, but like others have listed in this thread, you'll be able to find a fix in one of the forums. I wish my bold 9700 had the same amount of memory as the 9650.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

I don't really understand why people would bother wasting time to use a 9650 on AT&T.
    Just pick up a 9700 and you're good to go.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive...

I used my Bold 9650 for a short time before getting the 9700, I found the trick to getting MMS to work is enabling legacy service book mode or it won't hold the service books and MMS still won't work. Then simply load the ATT service books, I used the ones someone put up on CB and it worked perfectly.

To enable legacy service book mode: options/device/advanced/service books then hold Alt and type SBEB and if its successful a message will pop up saying "Legacy SB restore enabled" and if you wanna disable it (I dunno why you'd want to) hold alt and then type SBDB and you'll get the pop up saying its disabled.

Oh yes and I agree the 9650 sucks on ATT compared to the 9700 except I miss the extra memory.
    Thanked by:
    Simba501 (08-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

so im having this problem with my bb 9650 n i can not find anything to help me make it better ... can u please help me???? everything on my phone works except my mms...
    CrackBerry Newbie

im having the EXACT same problem right now. i have t-mobile service but is using a sprint phone, and everything else works fine, and worked before i used this phone, but i can't send mms's and cant retrieve any. i need help before i spaz.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i was the last post, my email is keenan_hill@bellsouth.net. i need help