Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any possible way that AT&T can help absorb my T-Mobile ETF?

Hey all,

I recently (in the last 4-6 months) switched to T-Mobile, and am having so many issues with service any time I go into NY or western NJ...

When I bought the service, I was told that I would be able to roam off of ATT's network, so i figured **** its like Sprint -- Verizon sharing eachother's networks!

Well, of course, that wasn't true. Countless times I have entered area's where only ATT's 2G EDGE network is available, and guess what?! I can't get on it! My phone defaults to SOS mode and I can't do anything.
    Oh, and try ANY basement? nope, no service down there either, and I mean pretty much EVERY basement I go into has this issue.

What makes me even more pissed was that I missed my opportunity to get ATT, and now when I am out with friends, there are many times where a friend with an iphone had 5 Bars of 3G Service, and my TMobile Bold 9700 has gone into SOS mode...

Anyway, long story short is I think its ridiculous that I'm constantly opening up the connection manager and trying to get back on a working network, and I am sick of it.

I really can't afford the $200 ETF Fee from TMobile due to school starting in less than 30 days.

Is there any possible way that I can get AT&T Wireless to sign me up for a two year contract, and help credit me (even a part of) my ETF Fee? I do have a feeling I will be very happy with the service provided.

Please, anyone help me!

Adam
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,087 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky swear

there is no way a company is gonna pay for your etf. what you can do is get the new contract and then sell your current phone to use that against the etf
    @blueyestm
    -------------------------------------------
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

You do know that at&t and tmobile don't share the same 3G frequency so you will never get at&t 3G on your phone.... Have you tried updating your software?

Yeah not gonna happen with your question. Best bet is to do as blueeyestm said.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

Not going to happen.
    I've sipped many different Kool-Aid's...
    CrackBerry Genius

try this..
    cellswap.com or celltrade.com
    better google the exact website..
    you can find people who are willing to take your commitment for a fee..
    so you can advertise $100 + free phone..
    or if you're lucky..
    there are some people who wants to switch from their old company to AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
    Hey all,

I recently (in the last 4-6 months) switched to T-Mobile, and am having so many issues with service any time I go into NY or western NJ...

When I bought the service, I was told that I would be able to roam off of ATT's network, so i figured **** its like Sprint -- Verizon sharing eachother's networks!

Well, of course, that wasn't true. Countless times I have entered area's where only ATT's 2G EDGE network is available, and guess what?! I can't get on it! My phone defaults to SOS mode and I can't do anything.
    Oh, and try ANY basement? nope, no service down there either, and I mean pretty much EVERY basement I go into has this issue.

What makes me even more pissed was that I missed my opportunity to get ATT, and now when I am out with friends, there are many times where a friend with an iphone had 5 Bars of 3G Service, and my TMobile Bold 9700 has gone into SOS mode...

Anyway, long story short is I think its ridiculous that I'm constantly opening up the connection manager and trying to get back on a working network, and I am sick of it.

I really can't afford the $200 ETF Fee from TMobile due to school starting in less than 30 days.

Is there any possible way that I can get AT&T Wireless to sign me up for a two year contract, and help credit me (even a part of) my ETF Fee? I do have a feeling I will be very happy with the service provided.

Please, anyone help me!

Adam
    Have you tried to manually search for the network? If you have it set to automatically search for network, you can run into problems. I don't live far from the area you are talking about, and I've yet to have a coverage problem. It may be a phone issue rather than a coverage issue. NJ is pretty much a 3G state for T-Mobile, so I'm rather confused that you are having so many issues. Have you even tried to call 611 and see if maybe there's an issue that can be resolved?
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy 3.14 View Post
    You do know that at&t and tmobile don't share the same 3G frequency so you will never get at&t 3G on your phone.... Have you tried updating your software?

Yeah not gonna happen with your question. Best bet is to do as blueeyestm said.
    you can unlock a bold from tmobile to use att wireless
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,755 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
    you can unlock a bold from tmobile to use att wireless
    This is true. However, since T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G frequency bands, it is not possible to get 3G on AT&T's network if using an unlocked T-Mobile-branded device.
    CrackBerry Genius

+1 on the incompatibility of the 3G for T Mo and AT&T..
    if you use an AT&T issued phone with T Mobile, even if its unlocked.. you'll only get EDGE ( 2.5G)
    same thing if you use a T-Mo issued phone with AT&T you wouldn't get the 3G.
    they have different frequencies