Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Alltel/AT&T Transition

Hello! I am currently a customer in zip code 88260 that is an Alltel customer set to transition to at&t. Originally we were told that we would receive our at&t phones the beginning of December... then it was delayed to February. I have now heard March?! I would like to know when we can expect our new phones? I am so excited to get my BB Torch! Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

I'm not sure when you'll get your new phone but I was excited to see the AT&T branding on the Altell store. They still have it covered up, but you can see it. I'm excited because that means I'll have a store much closer to me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    woodsmith54 (04-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Thumbs down Waiting game. Torch will be outdated before I get it!

Ugg, it seems like the deadlines keep moving further and further out! We are up to May in Utah now.

Information for Existing Customers
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Transferring Phone Contacts in Transition

I've gotten my new Blackberry Curve 9300 for the Alltel/AT&T conversion, but with a note saying phone contacts (address book) may NOT correctly transfer from my former Alltel Blackberry Curve to the new AT&T Curve. My transition date is a month off.

Has anyone who's already gone through the transition had success or failure with restoring their entire phone contacts to their AT&T Blackberry (from an Alltel Blackberry)?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Pfft.

Back up your Alltell BlackBerry with the desktop manager, and restore the backup file to the new Curve. Universal database structure.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Is it universal?

Are you assuming that or do you know that for an absolute fact? I had assumed that would be the case (common database structure at least for Blackberries) but Alltel/AT&T have told me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Xiado View Post
    Pfft.

Back up your Alltell BlackBerry with the desktop manager, and restore the backup file to the new Curve. Universal database structure.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjeter02 View Post
    Hello! I am currently a customer in zip code 88260 that is an Alltel customer set to transition to at&t. Originally we were told that we would receive our at&t phones the beginning of December... then it was delayed to February. I have now heard March?! I would like to know when we can expect our new phones? I am so excited to get my BB Torch! Thanks!
    That is the big ? for us remaining Alltel folk. I've not read or heard anything from anyone when the transition in Montana is really going to happen. I asked a rep at the Alltel a few weeks ago if he knew anything. He told me sometime in March, and I heard some skepticism in his voice. I asked if it could be later than that, and he said "could be."

I think the store reps are getting as tired of waiting as I (we?) are. Hey ATT, give us an update!
    If my Blackberry can't help me solve it, it can't be solved.

Treo 650>700p>8830we>8330>9630 w/driphter dv15
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Check the transition website-go to Alltel and plug in your zip-an updated time timetable is posted. Most areas are May now.

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Quote Originally Posted by ktot View Post
    Are you assuming that or do you know that for an absolute fact? I had assumed that would be the case (common database structure at least for Blackberries) but Alltel/AT&T have told me otherwise.
    I've moved the same data from an AT&T BlackBerry to a T-Mobile BlackBerry to a Verizon BlackBerry in a ten minute span. Why in ****'s name an Alltell RIM device would chuck all that interoperability out the window makes absolutely no logical sense, never mind the fact that you can simply try to back the phone up and restore it to another one yourself to verify, instead of assuming that it simply won't work because of some uncorroborated FUD on the internet.

Then again, if you have an earlier version of OS X, you can't activate an iPhone 4.

But you can activate it from a ten year old Windows XP installation.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just ask for it if you want...

Quote Originally Posted by ktot View Post
    All of my Data transferred just fine from my old Alltel Curve 8330 to my new AT&T Curve 9300. I wouldn't rely soley on the switch device function in the DM, make sure you make a backup as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazzee View Post
    Check the transition website-go to Alltel and plug in your zip-an updated time timetable is posted. Most areas are May now.

Thanks!

10 char
    If my Blackberry can't help me solve it, it can't be solved.

Treo 650>700p>8830we>8330>9630 w/driphter dv15
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a Alltel curve & waiting on a new Torch.I have a 307 area code but get billed in Mt-when is the shipping date.I have 3 phones & will be in Denver 5/15-can't get a firm answer-come on AT&T get it together
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

New dates and info on the website Information for Existing Customers. I'm going to be traveling during my transition period; that should be interesting.