Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Adding Family Unlimited Messaging online

If I add the Family Unlimited Messaging online does that becomes effective immediately? Also I have around 10 days in my billing cycle and one line on my family plan has gone way over the 200 texting plan. Also would it backdate to the beginning of the month and anything over the 200 be canceled out if I add it?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

Better way, and it'll cost you less.

Swap their 200 message feature for the 1000 message feature, backdating the removal and addition to the first day of the cycle.

THEN if you want unlimited messaging, set it up today or at the start of your next cycle. Be warned: if you remove the 200 message feature voluntarily, you cannot have it returned. Same goes for unlimited smartphone data.

Oh, by the way, you were correct.
    Also know that anybody else on a limited messaging plan may have overages if you cut off their features today and change to unlimited. How do you tell? Take the number of messages you get per month, divide by thirty, and multiply by the number of days you are into the cycle. This will tell you your limit up through today.
    Last edited by Mister Xiado; 07-04-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: clarity
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Xiado View Post
    Better way, and it'll cost you less.

Oh, by the way, you were correct.

About what?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Backdating to erase overages by replacing a smaller allotment with a larger one.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I've been meaning to add the Family Unlimited Messaging because all my lines have the 200 text ones and get close each month.

So if I went online added it, backdated it, and removed all the 200 Text plans it should not charge me for the ones I went over?

Also with the Family Unlimited Messaging it comes with the unlimited mobile to mobile, would that also get calculate in when I backdate or would that show on the next billing cycle?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

1: Yes, as long as you backdate the removal of the 200 message features. Can't overlap services.

2: The jury's still out on that one. There's no official information, and obviously, it wouldn't be prudent to experiment.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

So I got wrapped up with the holiday and have been busy and have not changed anything yet. I have like 4 or 3 days left in my billing cycle. If I were to change it now world it still backdate to the beginning of the billing cycle?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

You can choose the dates yourself online. As long as you do it before the first day of the next cycle, you're good.