Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9550 with AT&T: What browser and desktop software?

I have a unlocked Verizon 9550. It is working fine. The support staff at AT&T got me hooked up with my BB plan (I had unlimited data anyway) and everything is working fine with phone and e-mails. He said I needed a third party browser app to work with AT&T network. Which is best and where would I find that and also, what desktop software would I use for PC to sync to the phone? I have the disc that came with the Verizon software, but afraid that may change things in the phone if I use it.

Phone is on v5.0.0.320 (Platform 4.2.0.124) if that makes a diff. I am replacing a Motorola Backflip, what a piece of junk. Started out with a BB Curve, but wanted a touchscreen. they talked me into the backflip...wish I had waited and been able to get the Torch.

Any help appreciated. I dug around on the forums for a while looking, but nothing came up in any searches that I could see.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

Desktop manager wont change anything, you can install it off the disk or download it from blackberry.com

Opera Mini and Bolt are there for the picking.

I like Opera, but a lot of people like Bolt.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the help Fubaz. Got the desktop on. It took a while to get Bolt downloaded. I couldn't get it to download via desktop to load, so I had to do a WiFi browser download finally. Up and running now. Love my phone. Thanks again.