Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    PIN
    2784FF2D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 3G in NW Alabama?

When? For the love of God, when? We're still on EDGE here, the rest of the world will be on 4G before we get 3G. Does have any idea when we're getting 3G here? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    PIN
    2784FF2D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Nevermind, we got it in Florence starting today.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

I still live in an area that is EDGE only. They've been telling me since March that we're supposed to be getting 3G (and most likely the 7.2) before the end of the year. We only have 33 days left for that to be true, so just like I guessed when they told me that, it's probably not gonna happen.

With that being said, we have excellent EDGE service and generally speaking that's fine for me becaus I have WiFi at both my house and work. So if I need any download speeds to be fast or wanna stream radio or something, I'm almost always in a position to do that over WiFi, or I can wait until I am.
    Lovin' my BB since Dec '07
    8300 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9300 -> 9700 -> 9900
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    PIN
    2784FF2D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

The EDGE was ok till about 11pm, then it was excellent. There's several free wifi hotspots in this area, but I'd have to bring the kids with me, and I wouldn't be able to mess with my phone anyhow. I'm loving 3G here where I live. Still have EDGE in the town 15 miles away where I work, though.